• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler NEW VIDEO!!!

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
*Eldin Volcano

Sweet find though. If that really was Death Mountain's old name, makes me wonder why they changed it, or why it was named that to begin with. Eldin was one of the Light Spirits brought down to seal away the Dark Interlopers, as told by TP's creepy illusion scene. If Eldin had already descended by the time SS takes place, then we likely are not going to get much information about the Dark Interlopers in SS like many people were hoping.

EDIT: Also, let's keep all discussions related to this video in this thread, before we have another dupe outbreak ._.

Last edited:
Also, one thing to note is that Phi calls Link "Master" and she eventually becomes the Master Sword...

This volcano area looks pretty cool though. It sort of reminds of Super Mario Galaxy's graphics for some reason. One thing I don't like, however, is that travel is done by air and Link parachutes right into the area. I'm hoping there is still an overworld on the ground.

W

Webber1900

This is awesome! I can't wait to get my hands on the game, also some new music!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Eldin. Really. I'm guessing this means the Provinces are appearing in this game. This really furthers my belief that the Light Spirits will be in the game to seal away the "dark interlopers" in the Mirror of Twilight.

Last edited:
OH MY GOSH I'M HAVING A TOTAL NERD SPAZZ ATTACK !!!!!!!!! THE MUSIC IS EPIC, THE GRAPHICS ARE EPIC, I CANNOT WAIT !!!!!! My gosh I almost started screaming when that familiar sounding Death Mountain (Eldin Volcano :)) music started in the background xD Do you think this will be the home of the Gorons, or that new mountainish race we saw in the trailers ?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Eldin, one of the four light spirits that sealed away the Dark Interlopers.

Ghirahim a Dark Interloper?

That pretty much confirms it.

EDIT: Or perhaps the complete opposite?

It was actually only three of them that sealed the interlopers away. Ordona wasn't a Province at the time, so Ordona wasn't one of the Light Spirits yet.

Last edited:

Hero's Shade

Do not falter my child...
It was actually only three of them that sealed the interlopers away. Ordona wasn't a Province at the time, so Ordona wasn't one of the Light Spirits yet.
Good Point.

This will probably be the first half of the game. I think that the first 3 dungeons, you will collect things to create the master sword, Faron Forest, Eldin Volcano and Lanayru Lake (or something) then something happens, followed by 3 or 4 more dungeons, a la TP and OoT

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I'm already in love with Phi's voice. The effect is very nice. Very un-earthly. Anywho, the location is...interesting. Eldin is an odd place for a volcano. As far as I can remember, it's a foresty region. o-o But time does change things, and in saying that, I guess SS is more further back than I originally thought. :O

EDIT: Eldin wasn't the foresty region. >_< That's faron.

It doesn't change much in that case. I guess it could be pretty close to TP in that case. Seeing as the regions exist and the spirits are likely to reside there. As said earlier in the thread, this is possibly where the banishing of the interlopers to the twilight realm will take place. Everything is set up, it's just up to nintendo to follow their story, or suprise us with something completely new.

Last edited:

Beeker

Wild Card
While this video is somewhat sort, it still gives some good information!
First thing's the flying. We see what it's like heading into the overworld. There seems to be a light that comes from the area above of where you drop down. Probably there to make sure you don't get lost, in case you want to explore.

Then when you land. A parachute doesn't seem like a bad idea. I always thought Phi would be an assistant in helping you land, but this works too. =D
I also see a statue when you land on the ground, that looks familiar. I'm wondering that either those statues are there either for saves, OR, since they look like birds, may be points where you can call your bird. Then again one was found in a temple...

And Eldin Volcano. Makes me wonder if the light spirits will play a role in the story as well. Maybe we'll see the Gorons here, but I doubt it. I think instead we'll see one of the new races, the Mogmas. They were shown before in some kind of rocky environment. Maybe this is the place.

Edit:
I'm already in love with Phi's voice. The effect is very nice. Very un-earthly. Anywho, the location is...interesting. Eldin is an odd place for a volcano. As far as I can remember, it's a foresty region. o-o But time does change things, and in saying that, I guess SS is more further back than I originally thought. :O

Eldin was where Karariko and Death Mountain were in TP. It was somewhat barren. I think you're thinking of Faron. That was the foresty place. :P

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Good Point.

This will probably be the first half of the game. I think that the first 3 dungeons, you will collect things to create the master sword, Faron Forest, Eldin Volcano and Lanayru Lake (or something) then something happens, followed by 3 or 4 more dungeons, a la TP and OoT

If you're expecting the Master Sword to be forged halfway through the game, I'd reconsider. I'm thinking we'll see that near the end of the game. I mean, Phi's no longer going to be able to come out of the sword when she morphs with the Skyward Sword to become the Master Sword. Not having her would be pointless.

Hero's Shade

Do not falter my child...
If you're expecting the Master Sword to be forged halfway through the game, I'd reconsider. I'm thinking we'll see that near the end of the game. I mean, Phi's no longer going to be able to come out of the sword when she morphs with the Skyward Sword to become the Master Sword. Not having her would be pointless.
Surely the Master Sword could be forged, but be powerless (or something) and then later, she finds out the only way to defeat Ghirahim is to fuse with it, thus making the ultimate sacrifice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom