• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U New Trailer

Lol @ Ilia she will be a meme for sure look at that face hahahahahaahah.

The rest looks pretty good though especialy the textures and the more colored look of the game. The more sharper look also is nice wil look good on HDTVs without needing a upscaler.

I think the game looks pretty good. You can see a lot of the updated textures in this trailer. Nintendo sure is promoting the fact that Ganondorf is indeed the main villain this time around, too.

True i was looking on neogaf, while they were laughing about Ilia's face and posting wii/gc shots to compare her face, i saw how good the improved textures look on rocks and trees etc it's a pretty nice improvement and the lighting is not as harsh and too dark like the original. Also the twilight realm looks pretty good.

While sure Ilia looks bad the rest looks good for a remaster.

Ilia always looked kind of strange to me either way. I always thought they went for more of a "humble country girl" type of thing with her instead of the more traditional overly attractive love interest for Link.

Trailer looks pretty good. I'll always wish we got a full remake, but this is pretty damn good for just a remaster. The only thing I'd change would be different character models, as they really are the only outlier that make everything not as great as it could be.

I hope we get some kind of list with all of the changes we can expect. Nintendo is once again being overly secretive about something that shouldn't be that way.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I'm not going to lie. The trailer looks very good. It seems like they made a lot of work out of this. I always loved TP the most. It has been my fav games for years but still I don't know if I will buy this one.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Ilia always looked kind of strange to me either way. I always thought they went for more of a "humble country girl" type of thing with her instead of the more traditional overly attractive love interest for Link.

Trailer looks pretty good. I'll always wish we got a full remake, but this is pretty damn good for just a remaster. The only thing I'd change would be different character models, as they really are the only outlier that make everything not as great as it could be.

I hope we get some kind of list with all of the changes we can expect. Nintendo is once again being overly secretive about something that shouldn't be that way.
I would agree. It's not what we all hoped for, but it is damn good at what it does do. The enemies and the dungeons in particular look really excellent(and this is where most of the time of the game will be spent).
I am somewhat disappointing that it's confirmed that it's not fully orchestrated, but the MIDI is greatly improved, and it isn't headache inducing. Overall, I would say it's worth a buy. Clearly, a lot of love went into this, and it looks a lot better than just what was shown off. It will be an excellent way to revisit TP, and I am definitely getting it.

I would agree. It's not what we all hoped for, but it is damn good at what it does do. The enemies and the dungeons in particular look really excellent(and this is where most of the time of the game will be spent).
I am somewhat disappointing that it's confirmed that it's not fully orchestrated, but the MIDI is greatly improved, and it isn't headache inducing. Overall, I would say it's worth a buy. Clearly, a lot of love went into this, and it looks a lot better than just what was shown off. It will be an excellent way to revisit TP, and I am definitely getting it.

Yeah the music sounds way better now, if it is not just used for the trailer. Wich i hope is not the case because Wind Wakers music also got slightly upgraded to higher quality wich was great! So i hope TP's music got the same treatment.

Sadly not orchestrated but anything is better the the bad Midi in the original game. So i really hope they upgraded it to a higher quality!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It looks decent for a remaster. I don't think the music is actually orchestrated still which is dissapointing.

As for the trailer itself. It's not very good. The editing is choppy and it cuts between scenes very quickly. I don't think looking at it would make me want to buy the game if I didn't know what it was already.

It looks decent for a remaster. I don't think the music is actually orchestrated still which is dissapointing.

As for the trailer itself. It's not very good. The editing is choppy and it cuts between scenes very quickly. I don't think looking at it would make me want to buy the game if I didn't know what it was already.
I've felt this way about every "story" trailer I've seen for the Zelda games. They really don't look like the kind of thing you'd want to show to convince someone to buy the games, they feel low quality compared to more polished trailers. The music shifts in this one felt bizarre to me.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain

The music definitely isn't orchestrated.
Yeah the music sounds way better now, if it is not just used for the trailer. Wich i hope is not the case because Wind Wakers music also got slightly upgraded to higher quality wich was great! So i hope TP's music got the same treatment.

Sadly not orchestrated but anything is better the the bad Midi in the original game. So i really hope they upgraded it to a higher quality!
That's definitely the ingame music that plays in the trailer.
Though I am still really salty that the original TP trailer music composed by Kondo didn't become the main theme
Everything is definitely of better quality however.
Do not look at that trailer theme to test to see of quality, however, as the trailer theme was already fully orchestrated. Midnas Lament, and the opening theme however still do sound a lot better than it did though.

Am I the only one who really liked the original's MIDI music?

Trailer is decent, though I'm most excited about Hero Mode + Ganondorf actually.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Am I the only one who really liked the original's MIDI music?

Trailer is decent, though I'm most excited about Hero Mode + Ganondorf actually.
The compositions themselves are hands down the best music of any Zelda game. However, the decision to not orchestrate it combined with the limiting samples led something to be desired. Unlike WW, MM, OoT and titles before it, TP's sound fonts were so close to real orchestral sound that it lacks the charm of other MIDI projects, but it very clearly falls short due to the glaring faults of MIDI. This creates kind of a weird middle age that is just awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom