• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds New Trailer Oct. 11

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Link just looks too damn cute. Well, it looks great, but then it never looked bad. ;) Instantly looks better than PH and ST for me, which weren't so great imo, but, I'll hold back till I actually play it. The whole becoming a drawing thing looks cool, I just hope there's a lot of variety to it and it's not some shoe-horned in feature you use just a few times on similar puzzles to give the game a form of identity.

When I get a 3DS though, this will definitely be a game I get with it. :P

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Getting it anyway - it's Zelda and moreso.... playing with walls! I like the idea of playing a hero who becomes art!

Lorule. That's a bad pun. A BAD pun. It shall be forgiven if the world is intriguing enough. Perhaps the Zelda team is looking too much at the Pokemon team's work... what with all the bad poke-puns...

The first part of the trailer reminded me of Minish Cap for some reason, like this looked like a 3D Minish Cap, then it launched into the A Link to the Past stuff. It is like they are combining some of the feel of several previous games.

SlimZim

Helena is my baby.
Gonna watch it now!!
Honestly -- I wasn't wowed. The Alttp intro music brought me back in -- I don't know about this one. A bit skeptical about it right now but hey, that's how Wind Waker was as well. I'll get a 2DS just for this game to see how it is, I just hope that more gameplay comes out soon! Still, Zelda has yet to NOT wow me in terms of lore and gameplay.

Lorule was corny. Cute, but corny haha. Are you guys gonna get the game based off the trailer? Also, the female looking antagonist doesn't move me either haha but she could play a good part in the story. Who knows? Nintendo is usually secretive with stuff like this.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Wow, that's all I have to say.

We haven't actually had a true trailer just gameplay trailers as of now, this has now gave us a a good insight into the plot of the game which looks intriguing. Maybe this trailer showed a bit... too much, can't say I'm complaining though , this has actually cleared a lot of things up that have been coming up in discussions as of late.

I'll probably analyse the trailer at a later date, but now we know the official name of this world: Lo-rule. An odd name, but a nice play on words. I've been sceptical of this being the Dark World ever since Nintendo stated that it would feature and I was actually right. It just made no sense that the Dark World would actually return and even though I believed it wouldn't I was still scared of Nintendo making it magically return, I'm just glad that this clears everything up now; this isn't the Dark World.

Well what is it then? Well "lorule" seems to refer to low as in under, but not as in beneath but probably a reference to an underworld of sorts. This world seems to be the antithesis of Hyrule which makes perfect sense when you look at the name - we have a common theme here, everything seems to be the opposite or alternate version etc. I'm slightly sceptical on how this world came to be, it's obviously a retcon of some kind - usually this would annoy me but I'm interested to find out a bit the origins of this place and hopefully Nintendo expand and make connections to the actual mythology of the franchise.

---

Also it looks like the villain is actually female - this pretty much makes those odd discussions surrounding the villain's.... chest area.... completely redundant now, I think it pretty obvious this is a girl but it doesn't matter nonetheless. However, I think this confirms that this figure isn't Ghirahim - who's gender was slightly obscure but I think the self given title: "Lord" pretty much confirmed his gender. I guess this also kind of makes the whole Phantom Ganon argument slightly weakened as well. I thohgh that theory was slightly over-the-top and a reach to far anyway but I guess this just puts the nail in the head.

Well who could this be then? Well two figures, of which I've mentioned before, stick out to me. First would be Twinrova, now to see are only very brief connections but they still apply nonetheless. Twinrova's true form bears seem resemblance to this villain here and their sorcery-like powers also seem rather similar. Since this villain shares a very obvious trait to Ganon himself, as do the Gerudo witches, could there be some form of connection.

Now Twinrova are actually involved around this era of time; during the Oracles when they attempt to revive Ganon, they succeed but die due to a sacrifice. So it's likely that this figure isn't Twinrova but it could be connected in some fashion, a relative maybe? A reincarnation (which the series is famous for)? Who knows but I'm still not counting out that possible link.

Next we have Agahnim, now I'm very well aware that he's known to be male but it's never really made clear if I recall. Agahnim is mainly just referred to as "the wizard" or "Dark wizard". Also since the robe covers the wizard's body, it's hard to tell such a gender. I'm still not completely disregarding the connection between two which I've went into more detail in other threads, but if Agahnim is actually a male then I have a other possibility. What if this villain is basically another alter ego of Ganon? It could easily be since Ganon is reintroduced numerous times. Nothing is for certain, these are just my main speculative observations.

---

Also I guess now it's confirmed that Hilda isn't in fact evil, which is what I was trying to say in another thread. I'm actually glad this is the case as it gives us an entirely new world which isn't bound to the evil stereotype - it will have its own personality and probably it's own laws and whatnot, probably similar to the Twilight Realm. I'll hold back from going into further speculation as I feel it's still premature to do so.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Wow they're amazing. Anyway to post an image just use the "img" code.
I.e [noparse]
[/noparse] :yes:

Anyway here are the pics...

Artwork for both Hyrule and Lorule:
Scene-Artwork-2-640x458.jpg

Scene-Artwork-11-e1381525852209.jpg

Artwork for Hilda and Zelda:
Zelda-Hilda-640x360.png

Salem

SICK
Okay, so I bet the painting ability of Link is a "curse" then? That is it supposed to trap him but he's somehow using it to his advantage.

Also, cinematic cutscenes:wrong:

This trailer dissipated any lingering concerns I had about the game.

Nintendo isn't senselessly retconing the Dark World, but introducing ALBW's unique second overworld even if it looks strangely similar to ALttP's Dark World. Lorule's atmosphere is haunting. The scene showing Link walking on the bridge of what appears to be "Lorule Castle" (not sure if it has an official name yet) is the most breathtaking scene in a top down Zelda game thus far.

Also, Nintendo is fulfilling players' desires by incorporating what appears to be a female villain. As I said in an earlier thread, and echoing Sroa Link this thread, Link's ability to turn into a painting is definitely a curse. I wonder what the sorceress's intentions are.

Edit:

ZD Wiki says the villain's name is Yuga, but I'm unsure if that name is official.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom