• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Theory on Swordless Link in Zelda Wii

G

Gon-Gorooon

How about a whole arsenal of "Master Weapons", like the master hammer, the master spear, and *gasp* the master gun?

I think it would be interesting to have a larger variety of melee weapons than just the sword, but I'd much rather have new, intuitive items than just weapons. As fun as it would be to stab bulblins with spear while riding on horseback, I don't really see that much of a difference between that and using a sword for the same purpose. I mean, think about it; what difference would it make other than a few changes in combat? Sure, an axe could be slower and stronger, a spear could have a much bigger reach, but they're all used for the same purpose, and the point of having many different types of items is that they all have unique uses.

Let's take OoT as an example here. In it, you had the Megaton Hammer, which you could use to fight enemies instead of the Master Sword. Personally, I didn't enjoy using it instead of the Master Sword every once in a while. If it had done more damage, perhaps I might have a few times, but I wouldn't have enjoyed it any more.

I suppose that since Zelda Wii is going to be using Motion Plus, it could be nice to have multiple weapons so that everyone could have their own fighting style, but like I said before, I'd much prefer lots of varied and unique dungeon items.

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
Well, I have a theory (that I don't really believe all that much). If you look, Link's hand is reaching like he's grabbing something...something around his waist, perhaps. Note how the girl covers the right side of his body, concealing it. Perhaps she's there because she's concealing a gun. I've heard rumors (all completely unconfirmed) and desires (shot down by others) of Zelda incorporating guns or something similar.

Not sayin' it'll happen. Just sayin' "think on it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom