• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler New Skyward Sword Demo - Tips and Tricks

So, for all the Canadian die-hard Zelda fans who were lucky enough to experience the might of skyward sword...it was awesome wasn't it?

At an event in Toronto, there was a new demo where you had to trek through the deep forest. And I only have one thing to say-TOTALLY WORTH AN HOUR OF WAITING. Here's what I found out-

-The skyward strike is quite impractical in combat
-Wrist movements are fast but VERY inaccurate, unless slicing vertically. Deku Babas would not die because I kept using my wrist. Bigger movements are probably more accurate, but slower and very dangerous when other people are around.
-Twilight Princess fans will have a hard time adjusting to the item setup, but they do work well.
-Bees are annoying, and invincible-the only way to get rid of them is to destroy their beehives.
-The skyward strike has a very limited range.
-When out of stamina, enemies will ruthlessly attack you. So spamming the spin attack is not recommended.
-Enemies that can block attacks (like Bokoboblins) usually block your attacks fairly well, but their guards drop temporarily when hit. So, one precise hit and several wrist-strikes are incredibly effective.
-Text is VERY SLOW. Also, Phi really is the master of stating the obvious.
-Tightropes are challenging to get across, as there are often mines on the rope as well as bokoboblins. As far as I could tell, you can't swing your sword very well on the rope but you CAN duck by swinging the remote, so it's useful to duck when the bokoboblins attack.
-Stabbing isn't very useful in combat, but it sure is fun as hell when skewering pumpkins.
-Spider webs (in the first temple) can stick to you, forcing you to struggle free (and making a big target to Keese). Do not be confused with the spider webs from Twilight Princess-these ones can trap you good.
-Certain green plants can give you extra stamina.
-There are tree stumps you can rest on, which restore your health (but slowly).
-Falling off cliffs does NOT deal damage. >.<
-Enemies can be caught off guard if you sneak up behind them, but apparantly they can hear you swing your sword.
-Skyward strikes do half the amount of damage of a regular hit.
-Golden Deku Babas take around 3 hits to kill.
-Falling onto an island without the sailcloth does not hurt you.
-Running into walls will result in Link attempting to wall-run.

Overall, the demo made me thrilled to get the game. To those who have the game, and to those who will get the game soon, I hope this helps on your adventures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom