• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Portal Game

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me

So there was a brand-new Portal game announced recently.

WISHLIST
FEATURED ITEMS
GAMES
SOFTWARE
DEMOS
RECOMMENDED
NEWS
LINUX

All Games > Action Games > Conversion
Community Hub
Conversion

Have you thought of what exactly has happened in Aperture Science Laboratories during hundreds of years since GLaDOS were dead? Have you ever questioned yourself: Why Portal 2 is so different? Conversion tries to answer most of questions that were left from Portal and Portal 2.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Free to Play, Indie
Release Date: Coming soon
View all 13 screenshots
Available: Coming soon
About the Game
Have you thought of what exactly has happened in Aperture Science Laboratories during hundreds of years since GLaDOS were dead?
Have you ever questioned yourself: Why Portal 2 is so different?

Conversion tries to answer most of questions that were left from Portal and Portal 2. You will experience completely new locations of the Aperture Science facility, big and well-built storyline, interesting and complete characters, new testing elements.

Conversion will feature some of old characters, like GLaDOS, Wheatley (from time to time) and others for you to find. We are also adding new characters with their own well-built story and solid nature. The Administration Core August, as well as The Security Core Ben, will help us to save the Aperture Science, but we don't want much to spoiler.

Conversion features new area of Aperture Science, known by you as F-STOP (named "the lost complex" in game), with brand new gamplay never experienced in Portal and Portal 2.

You are now the one who chooses the storyline. We are now presenting you our new system, that makes walkthrough differ. Conversion doesn't make "press-a-button-to-choose-ending" experience, you will hardly notice the twists in plot. Autosafe feature makes impossible to cheat the system and brings you clean and safe gameplay.

Main features:

new "The Lost Aperture" gameplay
nonlinear plot
new complicated characters
solid storyline extending the Portal universe

New Testing Elements:

high-energy Pellet
pneumatic Diversity Vent
green Reflection Gel
heavy Duty thermal Rays Reflection Panel
high-energy Ring
Heavy Duty Super-Colliding Super Button Reverse Gravity Field (HDSCSBRGF)
High-energy Thermal Discouragement Beam Storage

Source: http://store.steampowered.com/app/264040

So what do you guys think?

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
No way! That's awesome! Portal 2 was one of the best games last gen. Out of the new testing features, I'm most excited about Green Reflection Gel and the Heavy Duty Super-Colliding Super Button Reverse Gravity Field, or the HDSCSBRGF as I'm sure everyone calls it.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
After reading that poorly constructed gibberish they used as a description I can only assume the writing, which was the main strength of the actual Portal games, will be terrible.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I never got too far in Portal 1 or 2 because I don't own them, but I think I might pick them up and finish them so I can play this one.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
You got me all hyped up, and then I found that it wasn't Valve. Rather disappointing. Gameplay sounds interesting, but I probably won't get it, concerning how out of place it sounds with the storyline, and pretty much a fan-fiction game...

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well maybe it's nothing more than a fan made game, but it still could be successful, who knows?

I've been really intrigued by this series and it's one I've been meaning to play for a while. So even though this isn't an official announcement that could be catalyst to me getting into the series, it's in fact reminded me that this is one of the franchises that I need to play.

Fig

The Altruist
I have played both Portal games, I do have to admit they are a lot of fun, but the only thing that concerns me is that it is not created by Valve. That's the only concern that I have when it comes to this new installment in the Portal series. I really do hope that the company in charge of Portal 3 will make it follow the same formula that made the first two Portal games entertaining the way it is now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom