• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Metroid Other M Gameplay Trailer

T

TheLastLink

I cant wait, this new trailer looks amazing. It's great to see samus back in action. :cool:
what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jmonkey71

Master of Monkeys
This looks truly epic!!!!!!!!! I may have only played two metroid games, but i am already a huge fan! I cant wait for this!

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Loooks HAAAAAWT.... but ew, voice acting. Even the tiny tidbit at the end made me sadfaec. Still, looks incredible. The 2D>3D switch seems so smooth and natural. God I love Samus.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Man, this looks awesome! :) This game will more than likely end up making me a fan of the Metroid series. It is now officially been added to my list of video games that I must have.

I swear this game is awesome. It has a woman as the main character, but MAN is she manly! This whole game looks manly! If the Wii had blast processing, this wouldn't look any better. Why? CUZ ITS NOT POSSIBLE. Though I will admit it might be a bit odd to switch from sidescrolling to FPS. I mean, come on, what is this XEVYZ?

But in short the game looks epic.

Mute

一員
To be completely honest, despite absolutely loving the Metroid Series, (Prime 3 excluded) I've not quite cared much for this until this trailer. Every other thing seemed to be some cutscene or something I couldn't care less about. Metroid's not about tons of cutscenes, it's the non-linear game play and exploring that makes it great, so finally seeing actual gameplay is great. Of course, my opinion's still a bit off about it, but it's mainly me being caught up in nostalgia and hating how it seems to be such a dramatic change, but I guess that opinion will stay the same until I get a chance to play it.

Speaking of which, the way Samus runs and jumps really has a Ninja Gaiden feel, I guess Team Ninja's influence isn't that subtle, unsure if that's bad or good, hopefully good. Along with that, the first person shooting makes me wonder if you'll be able to move like that, too, because it'd sort of...Suck to not be able to dodge attacks if you need to use it to hit a boss or enemy.

EDIT: Oh, something that sort of bothers me is that every other scene was...Dark, like they were trying for a LITERAL "darker" game. It's not something I quite care for because I just generally hate when you can barely see anything in a game, hopefully there will be enough stages that are well lit to balance it out.

Last edited:
I think this game may be too epic for words. This trailer is amazing, its definitely making me want this more than Super Mario Galaxy 2.

this is my most anticipated game this year.

im sorry legend of zelda but youve lost me, they say its going to be released this year and we dont even have any screenshots?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Yes i have seen this on IGN, and the gameplay looks very simple and good. I was wondering why they didn't wanted to use the nunchuck, but after i was this... damn, they can nail this.

Makes me super happy. No matter what the changes, the Metroid series always seems to seamlessly flow from one to another with any problem at all. Welcome back Samus, let's go kick some ***. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom