• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Megaman Animated Series

Djinn

and Tonic
http://deadline.com/2016/05/mega-man-animated-series-dhx-man-of-action-1201762975/

Dentsu Entertainment USA and DHX Media have struck a global deal to develop, co-produce, distribute and jointly manage licensing for the new Mega Man animated series which was originally announced last summer. Man of Action Entertainment (Ben 10, Generator Rex, Big Hero 6) is executive producing the series that’s based on the classic video game franchise.

Related
'Mega Man' Video Game Franchise Heads To TV As Animated Series

Under the terms of the deal, Dentsu Entertainment USA and DHX (Teletubbies, Yo Gabba Gabba!, the Degrassi franchise) will manage all global rights for the Mega Man animated series and will handle distribution and licensing in the U.S. Parent company Dentsu Inc, a leading Japanese animation producer and ad agency, will handle distribution and licensing in Asia, with DHX managing distribution and licensing in all other territories.

The original video game series was launched by Capcom in 1987. It followed the robot Mega Man who battled varying enemies across different environments while collecting new, strange weapons as he sought to defeat the nefarious Dr. Wily.

EA9306F5.jpg

OMG, I just wished for a new Megaman series.... and it looks like this!

65acc6cb2abfcd63349a3207e2314e30.jpg

....what have I done? .............WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?

Dan

Well... at least he's blue this time. Not a fan of the design but perhaps it will be a good show?

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Be carful what you wish for Djinn.
I hope this isn't the final design.
Same here. That look just feels off.

I always get a bit excited when a video game gets a TV show, and I like to check it out, but rarely does it actually turn into something worth watching.
%20BEST-KIDS-SHOWS-NETFLIX-mario.jpg
legend-of-zelda-tv-series.jpg

Any one else remember these?
I enjoyed them as a kid, but when I look back on them..

NintendoCN

Team Captain
The new design reminds off X's ultimate armor from Command Mission. Whether its the final design or not, choosing not to watch it based on early concept art is the same as judging people on looks.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
That's not all.
This TV show is about Aki Light, Megamans "alter ego" who is a robot schoolboy who can transform in Megaman for reasons and has to juggle his school life and being Megaman.... For reasons...

They also added a new character, Mega Mini, who is a robot inside of Megaman's head for reasons.

And this new studio, really thought about what makes Megaman Megaman. Apparently, fans love Megaman's "unflinching wide-eyed optimism and sense of over the top sense of humor" and that is the key aspect from Megaman games that they are putting into the cartoon.

I totally remember playing Megaman on my sister's NES and thinking "oh wow. This guy has a great sense of humor".

This is so goddamn terrible.

First, why does a ****ing robot need to go to school? What, has Dr. Light just said, **** it! I'm tired of writing programs, let's just send my ultimate weapon to school!

Second, really? Mega Mini? It's like they don't even try.

Sigh. If they are going to treat Megaman this way, why don't they just show him some mercy and have an honorable death for the blue bomber.

Oh yeah. And this design is so lazy too!
This is pretty much a Megaman skin of Ben 10.
latest

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I just got into Mega Man a few months ago, so I'll probably end up watching it. I didn't watch the old show, but if it was like the campy Mario and Zelda shows that were around at about the same time, this new one will probably be very different. The entire cartoon landscape has changed since then, and a show like that just wouldn't last any more.
I'm wondering why now, though. We haven't had a new main-series Mega Man game in more than five years, its three main spinoff series, X, Zero, and Battle Network, have been dead for going on a decade. The Archie comic has been on hiatus since December. I'm not surprised that his inclusion in Sm4sh has brought more popularity to him, but what I am surprised about is that they're using this popularity to make a cartoon, and not a video game.

Djinn

and Tonic
Be carful what you wish for Djinn.
Same here. That look just feels off.

I always get a bit excited when a video game gets a TV show, and I like to check it out, but rarely does it actually turn into something worth watching.
%20BEST-KIDS-SHOWS-NETFLIX-mario.jpg
legend-of-zelda-tv-series.jpg

Any one else remember these?
I enjoyed them as a kid, but when I look back on them..
Yea but that's true with just about all kid's shows. They are almost always better remembered than reviewed. Something you loved as a kid you might think is ridiculous to just stupid if you attempt watching again. The Super Mario shows of the 80's were still pretty successful in their day but I wold place them on the same level as the other 80's giants like Thundercats and He-Man as totally ridiculous nonsense for anyone trying to watch a serious show. I've tried watching 80's Transformers....I'm just plain not seeing what made that the most magical show of the generation at all. Toy are fun I guess.

Want a dose of real pain? Check out the animated sales pitch Ruby Spears sent Capcom back in 1994 to have that god awful Megaman series made. It is creepily accurate.

And Capcom of America said "No one will be able to relate to a child hero character, change it!" Forcing Ruby Spears to instead make

rubyspears-02a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom