• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Hyrule 99.9% Confirmed

That wasn't Midna's point. His point was that in order for there to be this new Zelda, Tetra would have to have settled down and taken on the role of princess, which she had stated in PH, IIRC, to be something she didn't want to do. Tetra got mad when people called her Zelda and said not to call her that. She wanted the pirate life. Midna's point is that for there to be this new Zelda, Tetra would have to have settled down and become a princess, which is out of character for her and goes completely against what seems to be the original intent for her.

Which is really in-character for her, IMO. Had Tetra really wanted the pirate life, and really didn't want to have anything to do with her heirtage as Princess of Hyrule at all, she would have not searched for a new Hyrule. Tetra would have continued searching for treasure in random places, which she sort of did, but all on the way to finding this new land (obviously), as we can see from PH where, even though they were on the search for a new Hyrule, they came across the ghost ship where Tetra had to investigate, based on her "pirate ways". Whether Tetra acted as if she didn't want to be Zelda or not, she did take on that obligation. So it makes perfect sense to me how everything played out.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Which is really in-character for her, IMO. Had Tetra really wanted the pirate life, and really didn't want to have anything to do with her heirtage as Princess of Hyrule at all, she would have not searched for a new Hyrule. Tetra would have continued searching for treasure in random places, which she sort of did, but all on the way to finding this new land (obviously), as we can see from PH where, even though they were on the search for a new Hyrule, they came across the ghost ship where Tetra had to investigate, based on her "pirate ways". Whether Tetra acted as if she didn't want to be Zelda or not, she did take on that obligation. So it makes perfect sense to me how everything played out.

Oh, I definitely agree. I was just clearing up what Midna was trying to say. I do think it's strange that she decided to be a princess, but your explanation is most likely the best for why this would be. A new world needed to be started and she IS the princess. I guess she just sucked it up and did her duty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom