• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Netflix: The Witcher

Want to see the Witcher TV series

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/05/18/lets-cast-netflixs-the-witcher-show/#1dbe515c7996

So Netflix will be adapting The Witcher into a TV series. This is actually the best news ever! I love the world and stories of The Witcher. I know if they do this right it could turn out to be even better than Game of Thrones. Netflix do some great shows and I am confident they can be trusted with this after their brilliant take on A Series of Unfortunate Events. I am glad they chose to go with a series and not a film to adapt The Witcher into. I dont feel a movie would do it justice at all considering the volume of material there is to work with. Besides a 100 hour game a TV series is the perfect medium in my view.

So are you looking forward to watching The Witcher when it comes to Netflix?

I have faith in Netflix, they've done some quality work recently (Lemony Snicket) and i'm looking forward to the Castlevania anime but just like the Death Note adaptation, The Witcher tv series just doesnt interest me.

I didnt enjoy the games too much and i've had more than enough of Game of Thrones, which i hope Witcher doesnt channel too much for easy views, but i can still see it looking similar and even having some of the cast.

But i'm not looking forward to it. I may give it a shot and watch an episode or two, maybe i'll like it and give the games another go, but for now, nah.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
This is a thing that is happening. The Hype is Real.

And The Witcher is right up Netflix's alley. Dark. Nuanced. World of Ambiguous Morals is what Netflix Originals do best. If anyone's gonna get a televised Witcher adaptation done right it's Netflix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom