• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Navi Vs. Tatl

Navi or Tatl?

• Navi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both the same

• Tatl

• Total voters
I don't get why everyone hates Navi. If she was not in the game there would be no targeting, and remember the ganondorf battle without navi? You could not target him!

Big Octo

=^)
I'm indifferent. When I was much younger, Navi sure did annoy the living... well, everything out of me. I've noticed that I was no longer annoyed by her in my last few playthroughs of OoT, and was appreciative of her.

As for Tatl, she never annoyed me when I first played MM, and the same opinion applies now.

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
I believe that Tatl is a way better companion than Navi. The reason being that Talt (for me) was more helpful in the game. Also, in the begining of MM, Tatl didnt really like link at first, but as their journey became longer and longer, she began to like link and started telling him about helpful flashbacks. Tatl (to mee)had a better character feel. Navi, was good dont get me wrong, but Tatl was just so much better imo.

Wow, I never really thought about it. It was interesting Tatl had a brother (Tael) and was 'on the other side' (meaning originally hanging out with the bad guy, the Skull Kid) first (she didn't want to get left behind with Link & didn't like Link at first, so watching the complete turn around was cool); and their whole conversation before entering the moon (Tatl and Tael's that is) was pretty interesting for a fairy companion role (Tatle doesn't want to go with Link, so Tael offers to go, making Tatl change her mind). Navi's story for Majora's Mask always interested me though (Link leaves Hyrule to go find her); that motivation etc. was interesting at the time to me but perhaps not as interesting as Tatl's place in MM. I alwasy wondered what happened to Navi, so the mystery involved is also interesting, but since you can't base how you feel about a character based on loose ends, I pick Tatl.

I like Tatl better... It seemed like Navi had zero personality... I from Tatl funny (at times)

Tatl wasn't nearly as annoying as Navi, though she was pretty rude to Link at the end, just telling him to leave basically. Still Navi is way more annoying.

I prefer Tatl, all though I'm no fan of hers by any means. I feel like I had to hear her stupid asinine comments a bit less than Navi, but she wasn't really less annoying when she was talking. Honestly, I would greatly prefer having no companion to either of these companions, but that's just me...

I admittedly played OoT much, much more than I played MM, but I think the answer here is still obvious. I choose Tatl. Your relationship with Tatl grows, as does trust and respect. There's definite confrontation at first, and you never know how you could trust someone that was obviously working with the enemy. With Navi, it feels shallow and expected. There's no growth. Just a simple "Okay, now this. And don't forget to do this. And look out for this". Little friendship, much instruction. Not to mention that I think we all found the "Hey! Listen!" to get very old, very quick.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Probably Navi. Navi annoyed me a bit, but I still felt more connected with her than with Tatl. Navi is the fairy chosen by the Deku Tree to aid the hero of time in his quest. You really build a connection with her, and then are forced to say goodbye. The whole Tatl and Tael story to me is completely unnecessary to Majora's Mask. Plus Majora's Mask wouldn't have even occurred had link not gone looking for his dear friend Navi in the Lost Woods

M

mokona23

I love Tatl's meaness (as well as her growth from being mean to becoming friends with Link) as opposed to Navi's "HEY". While playing OoT, my sibling and I used to make fun of Navi (I agree 100% with Xinnamin when she called Navi "Captain Obvious").

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom