• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Navi VS Tatl

Navi or Tatl

• Navi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tatl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I prefer Navi out of the two, she was the first and I don't find her annoying, mainly because she only forces you to listen to her two or three times and outside of that, "Hey, listen!" and her other phrases are about as annoying as the bell chime that comes with Tatl. Tatl is also happens to "like" you when she gets separated from her brother and Skull Kid. After a while, she does genuinely like you, which sort of cancels the start of the game out, which leaves her on level with Navi, except she is newer to the series.

M

mmmgmatt

I said Navi because I like her name but I wish that you could turn her off because she get to annoying

Din'sFlame

Sizzlin'
I have to say I perfer Navi over Tatl. Navi just seemed to be more of a true friend. Sometimes she was annoying, but for the most part, I think that she was a great compainion.

Tatl was also very cool, I really liked her too, but Navi just wins me over.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I have to say that while I like Tatl, I don't really find Navi annoying. I mean, the hints were pretty helpful for me as I was just about 5-6 when I first played Ocarina of Time. I also see Navi as a key part of the game because certain parts just wouldn't feel the same to me without her. The best example I can think of is the wallmaster part at the Forest Temple. That was creepy to me mainly because of the warnings she gave you, and I don't think it would've been the same without that, honestly.

That said, for character, sound, and overall everything, I take Tatl over Navi. I just like her better for some reason.

U

Ultimahero

Tatl's character doesn't make any sense. Once she and Tael meet the Skull Kid they're presumably companions up until the start of the game. (We never have any infomration about them spending any significant time apart.) That means Tatl is with the Skull Kid when he knocks out the Happy Mask Salesman and steals Majora's Mask. In fact, we see in a flashback that they were together during that act. (It was when you head towards Southern Swamp and you see the carving on the tree.) But, oddly, Tatl condemns the Skull Kid's actions, even though she was right there are probably helped him (like she did when the attacked Link.) So Tatl just seems like a giant hypocrite to me.

Even worse, wouldn't Tatl have been with Skull Kid when he caused the moon to start falling? There's no evidence to suggest that she's ever apart from him. So doesn't that make her an accomplice to the near genocide? Tatl is just full of contradictions and inconsistencies, so I don't like her.

Mido

Version 1
True, Navi is the classic, but I did find Tatl to be a lot of help, despite being a pretty inexperience MM player myself. But yes, I'll give the round to Tatl, for advice.

geek4887

The Unknown
Tatl is waaay better. She had such a nice character development, and actually cared deep inside, not only for Link, but also for SkullKid and her brother(Tael). She didn't hold your hand as much, too. So in other words

Tatl>Navi
Nave=PWND

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Funny... when I first saw this thread, I was thinking, "Tatl, duh! She's not annoying!" But just as I was about to click the poll option, I thought about how nice Navi was... and how great of a partner she was... and now I don't know which to choose. XD

W

Webber1900

I choose Tatl because I loved her role in Majora's Mask, she also had some pretty funny moments in the game.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
Tatl all the way! I liked the fact she was sarcastic and rude to Link when she's talks to him about an enemy from OOT or in a cut scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom