• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time "Navi" Meens Navigation?

T

Twili

I just came up with the idea not long ago. I actualy have not yet played Ocarina of Time and can't wait to play the 3DS versoin. But I'm not sure if this idea has been passed around before and I know it's not really a big topic but it seemed a little neat to me.

LegendofZeldaThe-OcarinaofTimeUV-17.jpg

Navi the fairy does after all help you through out the game, the Ocarina of Time, and assists you from the start of the game and lights the way til the end. But could her name really have come from the word "navigation"?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions. Please comment and share your ideas!

B

baga jr.

I've heard that many times and it's definitely possible. Besides, what else could it mean?

Nickster

Sensei Sampai Sama
A lot of people have thought of this name pun. I think it is from the word "navigation" since she always guides you through the game.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Often, names in fictional universes are chosen for the character due to the meanings the name holds. Navi comes from "navigation" or "navigator" because she is your guide. Tatl and Tael are derived from "tattle tale" because they too talk to you and give you hints. Midna is probably derived from "midnight" as a tie in to the Twili and "twilight". Epona is the name of the Celtic goddess of horses. Etc. I could go on but that would take me a long time and I would end up going way off topic...and I'm getting a tad off topic as is so in simple, yes, Navi is derived from "navigation".

Actually, the name made it clear to me what purpose Navi had in the game from the start. So, yeah, I guess it's rather obvious.

I guess I'm pretty much the only one who didn't think of that. It makes total sense now that it's pointed out, but I completely overlooked that one.

Well... ahem... this is kind of embaressing but the first time I played OoT i mashed A to skip the Deku Tree and Navi talking at the beginning. This meant I thought that the fairy had no name and it genuinly did mean navigation.... I dont know why im admitting this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom