• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Navi in Phantom Hourglass

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Phantom Hourglass we had good old Ciela, in Ocarina of Time we had Navi. Ciela sounds ALOT like Navi. Here is my theory in why I think Ciela is actually Navi. At the beginning of Phantom Hourglass, Ciela tells Link that she lost her memory and ended up on this island. At the end of Ocarina of Time Navi flies off. I'm thinking that Navi somehow lost her memory and ended up on Mercay Island. Then she met up with that old dude (to lazy to remember his name right now) and he named her Ciela... So yeah that's my theory... Am I wrong or what? What are your thoughts of this? PEACE :)

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I'm going to say that this is not correct. The reason is that Navi leaves Link on the Child Timeline while Phantom Hourglass occurs in the Adult Timeline. Since Navi went back in time with Link at the end of Ocarina of Time, Navi no longer lives on the Adult Timeline, in other words, there is no Navi; the worlds in which PH Link and Navi live in are parallel universes.

I agree that this is an interesting idea, but the facts go against it, since Navi left that timeline behind. Nice try, though.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
As 425 said, Navi and Ceila are on two different sides of the timeline. And, the prologue of Majora's mask proves that Navi left and Link went to search for her. Plus, Nintendo confirmed taht Majora's Mask was the sequel to Ocarina of Time. She didn't end up on Mercay Island bro, sorry. I wouldn't call these "facts", but the truth is against you this time.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
It's no problem, I'm glad to explain. The way it works basically is that when Zelda sends Link (and Navi) back to his original time, the timeline splits into two parallel universes. One is where Ganondorf was defeated and sealed in the Sacred Realm (basically, where all the events of OoT happened). This is called the "Adult Timeline," because it comes after the ending in OoT where Link is an adult. And the other is where he was sent back to the time before that and, instead of opening the Door of Time, he and Zelda told the king about Ganondorf's plan and they stopped him. This is the "Child Timeline," because it comes after the ending where Link was a child. It is generally agreed that Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass are on the Adult Timeline, while Navi ends up only on the Child Timeline.

OH I GET IT - See I did'nt know that part about Link tells the King about Ganondorfs plan.... But wait... Whenever you go back in the past in the game Zelda and Ganondorf are gone so...? Explaination please... again...

Hero of…. #s, I guess
Well, basically, Zelda sends you back in time to the point right before you talk to child Zelda the first time (after you sneak into Hyrule Castle). So, the only people who leaves the Adult Timeline is Link and Navi, since they get sent back. That timeline continues on without Link. Then, there is a parallel timeline that branches off from the point where Link talked to Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom