• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Naming of Characters

Many people have noticed that the names of the Skyloftians are based on bird names. In addition, the names of the Mogma and Kikwi follow trends. There is also one Parella named Jellyf (Jellyfish). The only trend I can see for the Gorons is names starting with "Gor" or "Go".

Mogma - Metals (Can be Treasures)
Bronzi - Bronze
Cobal - Cobalt
Guld - Gold
Kortz - Quartz
Ledd - Lead
Merco - Mercury
Nackle - Nickel
Plats - Platinum
Silva - Silver
Tubert - not sure
Tyto - Titanium
Zanc - Zinc

Kikwi - Teas (Made from Plants)
Bucha - Kombucha
Erla - Earl Grey
Lopsa - Lapsang Souchong
Machi - Matcha
Oolo - Oolong
Yerbal - Herbal

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
That is really interesting. How did you find out the names of the Mogmas and the Parellas? Also, I think Tubert might be Terbium.

Last edited:
I think you can use Fi to analyze the characters. I just got them from the ZD wiki. Jellyf was the only Parella listed, but that makes sense since the Parella aren't very important.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
wow i never noticed that! lol. that's pretty neat, now i'm going to have to look for my self and all that jazz when i play zelda next time lol.

Taggerung115

Warrior
Many people have noticed that the names of the Skyloftians are based on bird names. In addition, the names of the Mogma and Kikwi follow trends. There is also one Parella named Jellyf (Jellyfish). The only trend I can see for the Gorons is names starting with "Gor" or "Go".

Mogma - Metals (Can be Treasures)
Bronzi - Bronze
Cobal - Cobalt
Guld - Gold
Kortz - Quartz
Ledd - Lead
Merco - Mercury
Nackle - Nickel
Plats - Platinum
Silva - Silver
Tubert - not sure
Tyto - Titanium
Zanc - Zinc

Kikwi - Teas (Made from Plants)
Bucha - Kombucha
Erla - Earl Grey
Lopsa - Lapsang Souchong
Machi - Matcha
Oolo - Oolong
Yerbal - Herbal

huh. I never noticed that. I guess I was too focused on fighting and the storyline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom