• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

N64 Trouble

Deeds

no text
Well today I decided to get my old N64 out for a buzz of nostalgia, but when it got started the picture on my TV was really grainy (Like when your TV isn't connected to a TV channel and it's all buzzing black and white). My TV is a widescreen so I made the picture smaller, this helped a bit. It's still quite hard to see the actual picture though, does anyone have any tips? I know this isn't how it should look because it definetely used to look better than this.
Does have any tips to prevent/help this graininess? Thanks.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
If it is an HD TV or any type of newer flatscreen or plasma screen TV the picture will not look very good. It also could be your AV cables. I know this sounds weird, but lick your fingers and and rub the red, white and yellow AV plugs on you cord. If you have a GameCube or a SNES you could also try those AV cables since they are they same cord.

It is also possible that the piece that reads your game is dusty, try blowing that out with a can of compressed air.

If all else fail blow into the N64 where the plug goes in and blow on the piece of the AV cord that plugs into the N64. If you have a can of compressed air, I would recommend that over blowing into it. There is probably some part somewhere that is dirty or dusty that is giving you problems.

I hope this helps. PM me if you need any more help.

If the gamecube or the SNES cables don't help don't blame the cable's either. I think I tried the same with my SNES using the gamecube cables but something didn't work right. When I used them for the gamecube they worked somehow. I think the main culprit is dust since most people today do not clean out any of their systems. It's different though if they've been in storage so try what Mikau94 suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom