• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Timline Theory

note this theory will not include handheld titles since we know not if there cannon

SS-OOT-MM- tp-LTTP-LOZ-AOL
SS-OOT-WW-PH-ST

now for reasoning the only reason i do not have the other handhelds is that we don't know where OOA or seasons take place and the four swords series are connected to minish cap but,there isn't enough evidence to prove it. This timeline may have been used before but i done enough reasonable thinking and this is to me the only possible explanation of the legend. Note this timeline is not final. Please share thoughts and questions of the timeline.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Yes, this is basically correct. The only contradiction (of sorts) with A Link to the Past is that Ganondorf died in Twilight Princess. However, as Axle has said, he can be revived. I'm hoping they make a game where that happens and that also brings about the Seal War. There are many other reasons for A Link to the Past to go after TP, though. Mostly reasons showing that it can't go anywhere else with the information we have from the other games. But the all the other games are in correct position, as these are official.

Oh, by the way... You spelled "theory" wrong. (Just sayin'.)

yeah i know but it weird in twilight princess that master sword is used yet in link to the past the sword rest forever this might change but i do believe ganon is revived he almost always come back. I know i spell theory wrong its been a long day. A link to the past is a part of CT but when Gannon comes back he retains his triforce where does he get it.

The other reason is in LTTP he can wield the whole triforce if so what makes this Gannon then the one in the other parts of the timeline does he become more balance or is it something else.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
My Timline Theory
note this theory will not include handheld titles since we know not if there cannon

SS-OOT-WW-PH-ST

now for reasoning the only reason i do not have the other handhelds is that we don't know where OOA or seasons take place and the four swords series are connected to minish cap but,there isn't enough evidence to prove it. This timeline may have been used before but i done enough reasonable thinking and this is to me the only possible explanation of the legend. Note this timeline is not final. Please share thoughts and questions of the timeline.
Oh, by the way... You spelled "theory" wrong. (Just sayin'.)
He spelled theory right (the same way that you spelled it) both times I can find it in his post. He spelled "Timeline" wrong in the title though.

That being said, there is evidence that LttP and TP could go in either direction, and, with the information we have now, neither way is wrong since we have no definitive answer as to the order.

Looks good, though I don't really jump on non-handheld timelines. Even though they aren't "confirmed" canon, they're still endorsed by Nintendo (unlike the CD-i games) and thus, as far as I'm concerned, any complete timeline should have them.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
He spelled theory right (the same way that you spelled it) both times I can find it in his post. He spelled "Timeline" wrong in the title though.

No, the title was spelled "theroy" at first. It was fixed.

That being said, there is evidence that LttP and TP could go in either direction, and, with the information we have now, neither way is wrong since we have no definitive answer as to the order.

True enough, but there's so much evidence to go against it being on the "adult timeline" that it's pretty much impossible. If you want that information, see this: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?18812-Let-Me-Do-One!-My-Take-on-the-Time-Line/page3

Looks good, though I don't really jump on non-handheld timelines. Even though they aren't "confirmed" canon, they're still endorsed by Nintendo (unlike the CD-i games) and thus, as far as I'm concerned, any complete timeline should have them.

That's not necessarily true. There are things called spin-offs.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Okay, I must have missed it in the beginning.

I said "LttP and TP could go in either direction", meaning it could go LttP > TP, or TP > LttP. I never said anything about them going on the other side of the split. Where are you getting this information?

How is my opinion necessarily true or not? It's an opinion. It's not true or false.

Okay, I must have missed it in the beginning.

I said "LttP and TP could go in either direction", meaning it could go LttP > TP, or TP > LttP. I never said anything about them going on the other side of the split. Where are you getting this information?

How is my opinion necessarily true or not? It's an opinion. It's not true or false.

well, thats not true either, because 1: Nintendo has confirmed the beginning child timeline being like this: OOT-MM-TP, and 2: At the end of Alttp, the master sword is put to rest forever, but it's used in TP.

Also, about LinkvsGanons timeline, Aol does not fit where it's placed, as a matter of fact, it does not fit anywhere

Rytex

Resident Netizen
You've got the basic outline of the Zelda universe down. However, this is a split timeline right? Or are there two separate Hyrules and there have been since the day Hyrule was created?

If it is a split, I encourage you to use three lines to better organize it, like so.
.........../MM-TP-ALttP-TLoZ-TAoL
SS-OoT
...........\WW-PH-ST

Also, use slash marks to denote a direct sequel or that it is the same Link. To denote a new Link, use dashes. It cleans it up for us.
.........../MM-TP-ALttP-TLoZ/TAoL
SS-OoT
...........\-WW/PH-ST

See how it organizes it in a sort-of easy-to-understand manner?

Pinecove

Last Chance

They have been referenced by the developers several times, so I see no reason why they would not be canon. Also PH and ST are handheld titles...

SS-OOT-WW-PH-ST

I like it. However could you please explain where the seal war takes place in your timeline?

now for reasoning the only reason i do not have the other handhelds is that we don't know where OOA or seasons take place and the four swords series are connected to minish cap but,there isn't enough evidence to prove it.

TMC was said to be connected to FS by the guy who is now directing SS (who has seen the timeline.) As for OoS and OoA, they most likely take place after ALttP as that is when:

a) Ganon is dead.
b) The royal family is in possession of the Triforce.

EDIT:

If it is a split, I encourage you to use three lines to better organize it, like so.
.........../MM-TP-ALttP-TLoZ-TAoL
SS-OoT
...........\WW-PH-ST

A better way is actually something like:

SS-OoT-TWW/PH-ST
.......\MM-TP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom