• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Thoughts on Various Things.

My thoughts on The Goddess:
As we all hopefully know Skyloft is home to a giant statue that resembles a goddess and as every Zelda fan knows Hyrule is created by 3 goddesses. So why is there one? Is it a new goddess? Maybe the legend of the three goddesses were a fake? I don't think so. In the intro she was refereed to as "Her Grace" never was that referred to any of those three goddesses with that I assume it's a new goddess. Fi and that Sheikah girl are servants of the Her Grace.

My thoughts on The Sheikah:
Well there is a lot of Impa speculation going on. We all know it's a character shown in the past Zelda games. Perhaps who is a what. What am I saying? She could be the spirit who resides in the harp shown in OoT and SS. After all Ghirahim described her as a servant as a goddess, so is Fi. Fi resides in the goddess sword the goddess held in the intro and the harp is currently empty and we have a Sheikah, aka servant of the goddess girl following Zelda with a harp. Connection?

My thoughts on The Sealed One/The Imprisoned:
Where to start? Well, I believe two things: he is either a weak form of the final boss the way I see it he was shown the very first thing shown in the game (in the first 15 minute video) or he was created so Ghirahim can escape to capture Zelda. I leaning towards the first after all why is Link dreaming off this beast? Why is it so huge? Why is it seen so often? To me, he is something very important.

My thoughts on The Demon Tribe:
So far, we can safely say we know 1, Ghirahim the one left most in the intro, the other 6 are unknown all with more demonic designs as opposed to Ghirahim. The white face dude looks short at the end of the intro or maybe the main one is just huge? Hm. The one with the long neck surprises me too, he is got a swirly neck after all. The one with the horns kinda reminds me of the guy with the two hats (Cole?). Maybe the main one is madallus (spelling?)

Anyways this it. I'm off to bed. :)

My thoughts on The Goddess:
As we all hopefully know Skyloft is home to a giant statue that resembles a goddess and as every Zelda fan knows Hyrule is created by 3 goddesses. So why is there one? Is it a new goddess? Maybe the legend of the three goddesses were a fake? I don't think so. In the intro she was refereed to as "Her Grace" never was that referred to any of those three goddesses with that I assume it's a new goddess. Fi and that Sheikah girl are servants of the Her Grace.

We've got to remember that this take place a long time before any other in the series. Also, just because the three goddesses are never referred to as "Her Grace" doesn't really mean anything, coupled with the fact that they were never put into an area of story or dialogue where calling any of them Her Grace would've fit or was necessary. They are only really mentioned in origin stories and never directly in conversation with anyone, much less someone worshiping them.

About Malladus... He was sealed in New Hyrule, not in Hyrule as we know it. The fact that we have the provinces in SS found in TP, meaning it's Old Hyrule, makes it highly unlikely that Malladus has anything to do with this story plot. Furthermore... Malladus was sealed using the Spirit Tracks, which I really can't see being done in SS...

About Malladus I agree but that guy with the horns sparked my interest otherwise is all. I know for fact that Malladus appeared in ST and only for that. Hm maybe a ancestor/cousin/related to Malladus?

It's doubtful... especially if SS is going to go the direction of the Demon Tribe being the Dark Interlopers which eventually get sealed in the Twilight Realm. The horns are probably just coincidence seeing as they ARE a demon tribe. The demon characters are all probably going to be new characters exclusive to Skyward Sword.

Hm good point, so wait what happened to the demon tribe in their first encounter? My thoughts are the leader is sealed in the cog thing behind Zelda in her white costume. And as for the other 6 we only saw Ghirahim he was sealed back in hell (yes, I assume they came from hell) I assume. Me thinks the other 5 may be following it would be awesome to see each of them per dungeon boss.

Only time and playing the game will tell my young friend :) I have no idea on the others since Nintendo hasn't shown anything besides the intro video on them.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
My thoughts on The Sealed One/The Imprisoned:
Where to start? Well, I believe two things: he is either a weak form of the final boss the way I see it he was shown the very first thing shown in the game (in the first 15 minute video) or he was created so Ghirahim can escape to capture Zelda. I leaning towards the first after all why is Link dreaming off this beast? Why is it so huge? Why is it seen so often? To me, he is something very important.

If The Imprisoned is in a weakened or incomplete form, then what will he eventually become?

I think the answer lies in videos we saw before he was revealed. In the E3 trailer, I believe, Link is pursuing a giant creature on his Loftwing. It was shown to have a very long snout, from what I could make out, with beady eyes just behind it. And closer to the rear there were eyeballs on stalks, sort of like those from former Water Temple Bosses. Overall this creature looked like a giant whale to me--exactly like the from end of The Imprisoned, only its backside grew to the point where it could ascend to the heavens. And that's exactly where I think the last battle will take place, as the completed form of this villain will head for Skyloft, to finish off what he started: the destruction of the Hylian race (supposing Skyloftians are indeed Hylians, those "closest" to the goddesses).

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I think the Goddess is little more than a heroine. The Hero of Time was revered in a similar way in the AT after OoT, shown by the statue erected in Hyrule Castle, expectations that he'd return as savior again, etc. Of course, she would be a little more important and powerful since she likely
guarded and possibly used the entire Triforce
but I don't think she's anywhere on the level of the Three Golden Goddesses. They're still Hyrule's creators and their power resides in the Triforce. They're referred to in the intro as the "gods of old."

I think the Goddess is little more than a heroine. The Hero of Time was revered in a similar way in the AT after OoT, shown by the statue erected in Hyrule Castle, expectations that he'd return as savior again, etc. Of course, she would be a little more important and powerful since she likely
guarded and possibly used the entire Triforce
but I don't think she's anywhere on the level of the Three Golden Goddesses. They're still Hyrule's creators and their power resides in the Triforce. They're referred to in the intro as the "gods of old."

You make a pretty good point. But there's still the explanation of how she sent the chunk of earth into the sky and keep it afloat. Surely a normal heroine wouldn't be able to do that, there has to be some divine help there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom