• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler My Opinion on Skyward Sword's Final Boss and a Look at Lord Ghirahim

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
As the release date of The Legend of Zelda : Skyward Sword comes ever closer and with all the new information coming to the fans, it is hard to digest everything and make sense of it. As you are probably well aware, the Demon Lord Ghirahim is what we preceive as SSes main villain. We also know that he is part of some dark sect (most probably the Dark Interlopers) and the members of this sect remain under wraps. Axle discussed the possibility of having Link face Ghirahim in the final battle of SS, but he said it was unlikely and some other villiain/creature would be the end boss. I agree with his sentiments entirely due to the shady nature of the "Dark Sect". Can we confirm anything about them yet? (other than being evil?). As Lord Ghirahim is a member of this group, there is a chance that he is not their leader or that the leader is someone else. There is no indication that he is the head of the dark group and we cannot make any conclusions for or against this point. While Ghirahim's intentions are to capture the princess and take over Skyloft and gain power, we do not know if this is an order from a higher source for some deeper plan. We know that we will have to rescue Zelda in the game, but we also know that Phi, the Skyward Sword's spirit, will have to die or in some way be sealed away or sacrificed in the end. It is quite clear that both of these objectives/major story elements are the cause of some dramatic climax, but is Ghirahim pulling Link into a trap? What I mean by a trap is Zelda is the bait for Ghirahim's master to get a hold of the Skyward Sword and harness its powers or some other plot involving getting the power of the gods, power of the sword or another magic. While this game obviously explains much about the formation of Hyrule, could we consider that the races of Goron, Zora, Deku, Kokiri, Hylian and Gerudo are either under the influence of the Dark Interlopers power? Maybe the races have an individual leader which sits on this dark council. Could the Sheikah be an elite weapon of a mysterious leader? I am definatly under the impression that Ghirahim is the one of the main villains of the game, however, without enough information on the Dark Tribe, we cannot really see if there is a higher power at work. Even if there is no real leader to the Dark Tribe except Ghirahim, could we defeat him only to have Phi take on physical shape, thus forcing a final battle to destroy the spirit of the Skyward Sword? Do you think the Master Sword could have gotten its name from being the sword used to unite the races after defeating the evil in both Skyloft and Old Hyrule? What can you picture as a final boss or ending battle? Why would you think the story would take that direction?

Here is a link to the E3 2011 trailer as well as Axle's recent mailbag:

[video=youtube;lBEj5is3juM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBEj5is3juM[/video]

[video=youtube;IeDymPl1oYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeDymPl1oYs[/video]

I had a hard time reading it, because of the lack of paragraphs. But my opinion is 50/50 on whether or not Lord Ghirahim will be the final boss of Skyward Sword. I certainly hope he's not a subordinate to the final antagonist the point that we have to endure another "Zant scenario." I can concur with you that someone higher up in the ranks of the proposed "Dark sect" (awesome name) may be the big bad at the end.

Perhaps Lord Ghirahim will be killed by the main antagonist some time near the end of the game. Nah :shake: that sounds kinda Zant-esque

Well I can see him being the leader of the tribe seeing that his subtitle is, Demon Lord. The Zant-esque thing won't likely happen seeing that Nintendo already done this and knowing them they will come up with something new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom