• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom My ideas for DLC

Would probably never happen, but one can dream...

Wave 1 - Sage Of Forest
I miss the idea of a Forest Temple, and one would be a great addition as DLC. An entire quest with Hestu (or another Korok) becoming a sage and having The Forest Temple be the new dungeon, located deep within the lost woods, thus making it it's own isolated location as you can't exit the temple because of the fog. You would have to warp out.

Wave 2 - Sage Of Earth. New quest with Tauro and the zonai survey team. Tauro becomes the sage of Earth. The Earth Temple located within the same structure where you get the charged armour sets. But more deep within the structure.

Wave 3 - Sage Of Shadow. New quest with the Sheikah. Paya becomes the sage of Shadow, including a Shadow Temple dungeon.

Wave 4 - Sage Of Time. New game mode - Zelda mode. Play as Zelda in the ancient past. Could even include a dungeon. Maybe the Spirit Temple, as a proper dungeon instead of just a boss arena.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I doubt we'll see new sages in DLC. What I would really like to see is expansions on the lore surrounding the Depths and the Bargainers since it's very heavily implied that the Depths are literally purgatory but as a real place in the world, similar to the underworld in some mythologies. It fascinates me.

I would also like to see DLC where Kass comes back from being MIA and he sings songs about the dragons that lead us to new usable abilities. Major story spoilers: Its implied that Dinraal, Farosh, and Naydra were Zonai who willingly draconized like Zelda did. I'd like to see Kass tell their stories through music and you can get new abilities like the Yiga Earthwake.

Thought about this for a while and I think it'll largely mirror the dlc for botw. So we'll get some variant of master mode (likely a little different since it wasn't included in the base game), dlc armors, maybe a small QOL item similar to the travel medallion or the ancient horse armor. Dunno if they'd do something like the sword trials again. Prolly some kind of extra challenges but that tap into totk's unique mechanics more (maybe), likely in the depths. Could relate to the bargainers.

Then there'd be a longer quest involving a sage dungeon with an ability reward. Would be a good way to bring Kass back. This would prolly focus on the sky. We've received an ability from every secret stone user (even Zelda) except Rauru. We already have his arm but not his ability. We also see the ancient Hyrule Castle in flashbacks, yet it's not a location we go to. I imagine it'll be unveiled somewhere in the sky (maybe the empty space in the center of the map). Turns out it's not just a castle but the Light Temple/Temple of Light. No clue how the ability would work, but prolly some sort of powerful light sealing attack. Alternatively, maybe Link gets a secret stone of his own which would augment his abilities. Not sure what that would do though. A spiritual successor to the fierce deity form would be pretty dope though.

You can trust me. My uncle, who works at Nintendo, told me.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Some more specific things I'd like to see from DLC:
  • either a key item or a new zonai device that creates a low gravity field around yourself. I love that gimmick so much I wish I could take it with me everywhere. In the case of a zonai device you could fuse it to your shield and wearing the shield creates the field constantly at the cost of energy and durability maybe. that would be less broken than a key item lol.
  • like 200 more map stamps please. there's so many more giant bosses its nearly impossible to mark all of them and still have a decent amount of leftovers for other things. for example: i want to mark every giant boss to symbolize i've defeated it and so i remember where they are, just like I did in botw. But I also want to mark every Yiga fort in the Depths for the same reason, as well as every ascend point in the Depths and some other miscellaneous things like fairy spawn locations or cooking pots or good weapon farming locations. This is literally impossible to do even with 300 stamps. I currently have every giant boss I've defeated marked, and I have 53 left to fight. With all the Yiga bases and ascend points in the depths marked, as well, I only have like 4 or 5 other things marked because I just deleted the 20-odd cooking pots I had marked to make more room. and I still only have 34 stamps left. 300 is Not Enough.
  • another way to power up the Master Sword like in the Sword Trials of botw. currently, it has a fixed durability that cannot increase even with fuse, unlike other weapons that gain more durability when you fuse more powerful materials to them. And going to this MS after using the fully powered up MS from botw's DLC is... quite a downgrade in durability. Remedy pls.

Interesting. Although, all Zelda games thus far that had DLC had them in 2 waves. So, I think this is more likely. Still, I think we can pack a lot, so... here's what I would have in mind.

Wave 1 - Similar to BOTW, we're given trials that would allow us to power up the Master Sword and give it more durability. In addition, we can get a new dungeons to give us an additional sage, one that rose after the fall of the original 6 but never really known. More than likely a Korok and located on land, since we have 2 underground and 2 in the sky. Like suggested, we can have Kass return who helps Link find a new sage, more than likely a Hestu as he's the only Korok we ever really get to know. This Sage of Forest would probably have a power not unlike Revali's Gale, or maybe a floating ability like the hover shoes from Ocarina of Time. As for the boss, I would say something associated with the woods. Let's go with reintroducing Aquamentus, as it was located inside a tree in both games it was a boss.

Wave 2 - Maybe one that helps us delve into the history of the Shiekah, a Sage of Shadows as suggested. This would only be available if you complete the whole Kohga side story, where it leads us to perhaps an abandoned temple. Let's make the sage Purrah, since she's already got Kate Higgins blessing us with her voice. As for the boss, we'd probably get something loosely based on a past monster. I would say base it on Bongo Bongo. And the reward you get is a Sage power that effectively becomes the hookshot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom