• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds My Current Thoughts on ALBW

So as we know a link between worlds is the newest LoZ game and here are my thoughts currently.
1. Ahh an original DS zelda game that doesn't have those cursed phantoms. (IK its a 3DS game but a 3DS is a DS)
2. Well it has the same overworld so not too much to explore....
3. At least new dungeons!
4. I like this strange chalk link.
5. ..... (seriously I have no other thoughts on the game)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well looks like a good game, I will consider picking it up when it comes out.

Fig

The Altruist
Well technically, a 3DS is not a DS because of the exclusive features and functions that the 3DS/3DSXL can provide/offer that the DS consoles couldn't provide in the first place. Sure we don't have to face off against Phantoms, but A Link Between Worlds is still original at best. Even though ALBW has the same landscape that ALttP had, we shouldn't underestimate that the quality that the game will offer with now using a different system and layout than what ALttP was in. At least we are going to have new dungeons and I can't wait to play them! I also do like the gameplay element of travelling across the 2D and 3D material planes in order to move forward in the game! :xd:

All in all, I think ALBW is going to be a huge hit and I really do hope to find out more about the game as time passes! :D

Y

Yeoldefreakshow

Yeah, it looks pretty cool, i dont like the look of the trees and link as much, he looks a tad chubby though

Last edited by a moderator:

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
i'm pretty pumped for it, i like the idea of using the painting mode to solve puzzles and travel between link's world and the other world. like i said, i'm pumped.

Even though it's the same world as ALttP, I believe with the combination of the new dungeons and "wall link" as I'll call him, will give us plenty to explore. I think/hope wall link will allow us to explore new parts of the world that were inaccessible in ALttP. Basically, all things considered, the potential for a larger world is sitting right there, on top of the world we're all familiar with. Maybe I am just being hopeful, but that would be pretty effing cool.

1. Ahh an original DS zelda game that doesn't have those cursed phantoms. (IK its a 3DS game but a 3DS is a DS)
Was just gonna say that this sentiment is very ironic considering your username. :P

2. Well it has the same overworld so not too much to explore....
I think exploration will come from finding your way through new obstacles and barriers, since it's unlikely that every area will be reached in the same way, and of course the rewards and other things found in each area will be different from A Link to the Past. That said it's probably going to be the Dark World that differs the most, although it seems to be similar as well.

Salem

SICK
My hope is that even if the overworld is the same, this game's success should tell them that classic 2D non-linear Zelda games have a place in the fandom, and it might encourage them to make more 2D non-linear games with original overworlds, on the home consoles as well.

Salem

SICK
Pretty sure they plan on this with Zelda Wii U.
Oh, Zelda Wii U will non-linear, Aunoma promised, okay maybe he didn't, but that Nintendo Direct Video looked promising.

What I meant was having a 2D Zelda on the Wii U, we haven't seen one since FSA. If Mario can have his 2D games alongside his 3D ones, why not Zelda as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom