• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Music You are Looking Forward to in 2016

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
What music are you looking forward to in 2016?

I'm looking forward to a few albums, personally. Most importantly Elton John's upcoming album Wonderful Crazy Night, which seems to be a return to his fun catchy rock songs of the mid '70s. It's amazing that he's still making music all of these decades later and even more amazing that it's actually really decent music. Its title track practically belongs on something like Caribou or Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

Another rock star, or whatever he is (probably an actual legit alien), David Bowie is releasing another album next year, too. Promising to be weird, Blackstar is already keeping that promise with the release of its title track and "Lazarus".

There are a few pop-punk acts releasing new music next year too that I am interested in. Brendan Urie led (and admittedly the only creative member of) Panic! at the Disco are releasing what's so far turning out to be one of their most musically diverse albums in Death of a Bachelor. Its title track is practically Sinatra brought back from the dead, "Victorious" is an arena-pop song that's a bit too catchy, "Hallelujah" is more similar to the music from their previous albums, and "Emperor's New Clothes" is something else entirely. I can't wait to learn what else is coming from this album. Simple Plan are releasing a new album next year, too. Titled Taking One for the Team, so far it has divided fans, but everyone seems to agree that "Boom!" is its best single so far.

British pop singer Foxes is also releasing an album I'm really looking forward to next year, titled All I Need. With songs like "Body Talk" and "Amazing" I'm sure it will turn out to be another great album.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
You've covered pretty much everything I'm awaiting in your OP: Elton John, David Bowie, Panic! At The Disco and Simple Plan.

With Elton John, that man is a machine when it comes to music! I love that the two tracks he's made public are in the same vein as his music from the early 70's. "Wonderful Crazy Night" being my current favourite of the two. And with the promise that all tracks, including the slow ones, are going to be positive, I can't wait to hear the rest of the CD.

David Bowie's "Blackstar" is probably the most interesting piece of music I've heard this year. His experimental jazz style is always interesting to listen to because of how he melds both music and vocals together to create art. This album and Elton John's album are the two I'm most looking forward to this coming year.

P!ATD's latest CD is definitely going to be an interesting one with the majority of what they've released being completely different styles. The thing I'm looking forward to the most with this album is hearing how they thematically tie all these songs together as a whole.

I'm a little late to the party with Simple Plan, but this year I've come to really like their music. Sure some of their new stuff seems to fall a little more on the pop side of pop-punk, but there's no denying that the songs are still catchy which is why I'm definitely looking forward to their next CD.

Alt-rock group Blue October are releasing a new CD next year titled Home and the title track has already been released. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this track as it's quite a departure from their previous CDs. The lead singer/songwriter, Justin Furstenfeld, after a long struggle with depression and schizophrenia is finally in a good place and the current track reflects that change in his mental state. From the song Black Orchid to the current single, it's evident just how much better he's doing and I'm glad that he is doing better but the change in the tone of the music will take a little getting used to.

Last edited:
I haven't been paying too close attention, but most of the artists/bands I like released new albums this past year, so I can't imagine many of them releasing stuff in 2016. But for those that are... I know From Ashes to New has a studio album, Day One, scheduled for February 2016. I'm pretty excited for it, as they've only released two EPs prior to this, so it'll be their first full album release. Though, I think most, if not all, of the tracks on their 2015 EP, Downfall, are on this 2016 release. So there're probably only going to be six or so new songs. Don't cite me on that, though; I haven't done my research.

And I'm pretty certain Gemini Syndrome is working on something for 2016, since they released a single, Eternity, this year. Icon for Hire has hinted at releasing a new album sometime in 2016; their last album having been released in late 2013, and two singles, Now You Know and Bam Bam Pop, released this year.

I don't know much about the following but I'm pretty sure Asking Alexandria, Upon this Dawning and The Word Alive have 2016 albums planned, so I'll probably look into those, too.

No, but literally 70% of the artists I like released stuff this year so there's really not much for me to be anticipating next year. Thank God, though, because my song wishlist is still really long and all those 2015 album releases kept pushing everything back, so maybe I'll finally get to knock some stuff off this list next year.

I don't know of albums, but two concerts from groups that had disbanded are coming up in early 2016 that I have to see, Underoath and Saosin.

I didn't know about that Elton John album, I'll definitely be checking that out.

Looking forward to the new Radiohead album that will hopefully drop next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom