• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Music in the Zelda Smash Bros. Stages

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Trailers of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS have shown three Zelda stages up to this point. Skyloft from Skyward Sword for the Wii U game, and Gerudo Valley from Ocarina of Time (3D) and New Hyrule atop the Spirit Train as seen Spirit Tracks for the 3DS game.

n4b611.jpg

2zsvazc.png
2q8r2ud.png

Careful listening to the Developer Direct video can confirm the musical pieces that play for these stages, none too surprising. 1:12 for Gerudo Valley, 1:18 for New Hyrule and 7:01 for Skyloft. They are Gerudo Valley, Overworld (Spirit Tracks) and Ballad of the Goddess, respectively.

Super Smash Bros. Melee featured an alternative track for most stages in the game, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl expanded it to have every stage contain any number pieces from three to a dozen. For instance, Great Bay in Melee had a remix of the classic Zelda theme by default, as well as an additional remixed track of Ocarina of Time's Lost Woods to play alternatively. Brawl's Eldin Bridge stage had remixes of The Legend of Zelda and a Link to the Past, a melody of Ocarina songs and direct ports of Twilight Princess music. It can be assumed Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS will take use the latter method of musical acquisition.

Given this, what pieces of music do you want to hear for these new Zelda stages? Evidence in the past shows that tracks don't even need to fit a fighting atmosphere at all (Pictochat, for example), as long as it fits the stage. Go on ahead.

I think Skyloft has a chance of appearing on its stage. Don't need to go into detail as to why, I don't think. Bridge of Eldin and Pirate Ship in Brawl had the songs that fit those sections in the respective game (Hyrule Field, Twilight Princess and Great Sea, The Wind Waker), so this isn't too far off. How about a more outlandish track though. I'd personally love to have Lanayru Desert (Past), but that's a biased longshot of me... A particular boss theme perhaps? You know you love it.

As for the Spirit Tracks stage, why not throw in the legendary theme music of Byrne? The alternative overworld music in the game is pretty sweet, too.

Bringing the topic to orchestrated music, would hearing the Gerudo Valley Orchestration on that stage blow your mind? Reckon so.

Also, while there is a general SSB4 thread, I intended that for news, information and observation. This is more along the lines of specific topics like done in the past, before the game was shown. They should be a lot easier to do now due to the fact we now have confirmation of some content. ;)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Skyloft - Skyloft, Boss Theme, and Ghirahim I battle theme.
Gerudo Valley - All existing renditions of GV; Molgera battle theme; Song of Storms (Brawl)
Train - Hyrule Field (OoT), Faron Woods (SS)...hnnng???

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I love the ones you've suggested--for Skyloft I would add the Ghirahim fight theme, the Sky theme, and the SS Final boss part 2 music. For Spirit Train, I would add the Final boss theme from Spirit Tracks, Byrne Battle, and Tower of Spirits music. I can't think of any for Gerudo Valley right now, though.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well, I think it would be nice to have the music from The Sky, as well as the Faron Woods them from Skyward Sword, for the Skyloft Stage.

For the Gerudo Valley Stage, I might suggest Hyrule Field (OOT), some crazy remixed/extended version of the Requiem of Spirit, and possibly the Spirit Temple music.

For the train, I definitely see Byrne's theme making an appearance. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom