• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Multiple Characters in ZU

What if there were more playable characters in ZU then just Link?
Perhaps you could play as Zelda/Sheik or Impa in different scenarios. (like in paper mario) Sheik could have enhanced jumping abilities and some sort of sneak-knockout skills, while Zelda could utilise magic attacks and spells, and Impa could be a hand-to-hand combat character.
Some ways to do this would be switching at will, reaching a "character change point", or auto change after a goal is reached.
Differenct characters could use different paths to clear an area. (a tree link goes around may be a way for Sheik to climb and find a new path, that cavern that Impa decends into could be crossed by Zelda's magic bridge, etc. etc.)

Thoughts?

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Hmmm... Interesting thought... well I think that that may be a good idea, but I wouldn't want it to be used to much, kind of like they did with Medli and Makar in Wind Waker, not with major characters though that would be imo to intrusive on the series formula if that word applies. :D

And if they were to do it with major characters I wouldn't want it in a major console release.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This sounds like a great idea, provided that the multiple characters are given fully fleshed out gameplay. The most recent example of multiple playable characters in my head is that of Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, but I would want this Zelda entry to go over and beyond said example. Instead of having multiple characters who essentially play the same way (i.e multiple Links), I'd much rather have a diverse range of characters that have completely different play styles, with Link being the *jack of all trades* in that he is completely well rounded...like Mario is in the Mario Kart series.

[video=youtube;rLsbw5G-MgM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLsbw5G-MgM[/video]

Another thing would be a fluid switching between the characters, like the Drop System in KH3D provides. Now, I hate the drop system with all my heart (it's nothing more than an annoyance; I never play the game "side by side" lmao), but I won't deny it's pretty nifty when trying to quickly switch between characters. If the Zelda series could produce something like that and NOT forced switching after some spectacle, I would appreciate having multiple characters. So, in short:

- Have multiple characters with DIFFERENT play styles (even if it's the common combat, magic, ranged trio)
- Easy switching between characters

Is all I want.

Good point Ventus. Perhaps something like in Sly 2/Sly 3 (wow, I use these as examples alot!), where you pick a character in a hub setting. Or you could use on-the-fly type changing similar to the item select in SS.

*lightbulb* Zelda is a sage, so is Impa. The 7 sages could each weild their individual powers... OR Zelda could weild the power of the sages, gaining a new skill with each rescued sage. (or dungeon completed since they probably won't reuse the 7 sages idea)

Hmm... I like this idea. As long as the characters are fleshed out. It could sort of be like Zelda in the Tower of Spirits. Sheik could be stealth based, Link a jack-of-all-trades like Ventus said, and Impa could be ninja-like, and use hand to hand and a sword in battle.

Multiple playable characters is something many Zelda fans have wanted for a very long time and really only Majora's Mask came close to such a gameplay element with the ability to play as Zora, Goron and Deku Scrub versions of Link.

Nintendo are still adamant after all these years that Link is still a surrogate and that gamers become him throughout the game, constantly shifting characters for different missions would break nintendo's sacred rule so i doubt that we'd get the chance to play as any other character other than Link.

That being said, I'd personally like to have a change of character. Impa in SS is one of my favourite characters in Zelda and it would have been great to play as her in SS to shed away some of the mundanity of the game.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I'd want to have a character customization mechanic instead of just jumping into pre-made characters. Let us choose Link's gender, hair color, physical attributes, combat style etc. then we'd really have a connection with the person we're playing and not just jumping into some random kids body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom