• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Multiplayer Memories

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I have to say, I really didn't do a lot of multiplayer gaming when I was younger, despite owning Mario Party and Mario Kart and such [yes, I always played those single player]. My older brother didn't really play w/ me a whole lot, the few times I can remember were Nicktoons Unite, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Lego Star Wars, and the subspace emissary in Brawl. But all those were pretty brief instances. It actually wasn't until mid this decade where I've had more multiplayer activity...you know, post childhood.

One that stands out to me was when I was w/ two of my friends. I played against one of them in Tony Hawks Underground on the gamecube. This was a game I've played a bunch on the ps2 when I was younger but hadn't played in years at this point. My friend who was only briefly familiar w/ the game had won the matches we played [I know one was score attack]. Eventually we switched to Kirby's Air Ride, a game both of them were familiar w/ but one I had literally never even touched before. I won most of the races. This always stuck out to me b/c it really should've been the other way around.
Another one that I remember fondly was Star Fox Assault that I played w/ my friend, and both our little brothers 4 player. There wasn't really a stand out story behind this more so than it was just a lot of fun. And that's really the root of it in multiplayer games

Any stand out multiplayer memories you guys have? I know I've been talking about local splitscreen multiplayer but you can mention online ones too.

There is just one...

I've always liked Tekken but always just played on easy by myself.

I met someone who liked it too and he kicked my arse really hard. He'd actually played at tournaments...

One day while bored I booted up Tekken, looked into the way the pros played and got some tips, picked a main, practiced combos and then a few days later I challenged my friend.

I lost as much as I won but the best bit was is that he said "wow, you've been practicing."

Proud moment.

Back when Mario Kart Wii was still online, I always liked messing with other players however I could. One of my favorite things to do was get a star or big mushroom and block off a narrow passage like the bridge on DK Mountain.

Super smash bros brawl is very nostalgic to me, my best friend and I would play it together for hours at her house everyday after school. Other than that, I'd say GTA online, Minecraft, and Roblox have given me good memories.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I have many fond memories of playing multiplayer Super Mario World on my SNES with my brother growing up. I’d also sit with him and the two girls who lived next door to us and play through games like Bubsy, Donkey Kong Country 2, Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, and Banjo Kazooie.

Most recently I played through the whole of Breath of the Wild with a friend. It’s a single player game but we’d only play through together and take turns (such as I’d give her/she’d give me the controller when we died or enough time had passed). It’s was a fun way to play through it rather than sitting alone doing so.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
Between my brother and my childhood best friend, I have a lot of good memories playing multiplayer. Even have some memories with non-gamers who I convinced to give things a shot. The classics like Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World, Mario Party and Mario Kart, taking turns in Pokémon Snap, Goldeneye and Turok 2...

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I have so many great memories of playing Mario Party 8 with my siblings. My brother usually avoided party games, especially Nintendo, and my sisters didn't enjoy very many video games in general. But the board game set up of Mario Party made it easy for them to understand and play. It was nice having that game to play for all of us, and got incredibly competitive very quickly. I cannot say no tears were shed.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
wanted to quickly mention a time a while ago where two of my friends came over, one wanted to play mario kart double dash while the other wanted to play mario kart 8, so I met them both in the middle and I put on mario kart wii, haha
it was a good time though, we ended up playing all the courses

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Yeah, I don't really have any multiplayer memories of playing with someone in person. But online multiplayer has always been a great time. Even if I never chatted with other players, it was always nice playing against other people in games like MK8D, Rocket League, Transformers: War for Cybertron (when MP for that was still alive), and Smash to some extent.

areasell

Twilight Princess Master
I have many from tortimer island in new leaf.

One time there was this little girl I became pretty good friends with on the island. They started getting a bit creepy and I wanted to leave. They begged me to stay because they didn't have their FC on them and they wanted to stay in touch? How were we goona stay in touch, have me stay on the island 24/7? naw. I didn't want to make them think I didn't want to be friends so I crashed the entire server.

That was the only thing that really stood out. The rest of my time there was asking for items from cfw users and giving away mass amounts of bells to people.

I used to play alot of multiplayer games with my sister and friends and the games we played were pretty much most of the Mario Party games, Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Super Smash Brothers, South Park, South Park: Chef's Luv Shack, GoldenEye 007.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom