• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Movies Under the Radar

As a culture we like to talk about what we love and in some cases show off how much we love it. This gets hard when you see a movie (or experience a piece of any other medium) that no one seems to have seen. I for one have seen a couple of what i believe to be really great movies but then when i ask some film friends of mine they just look at me blankly.

So how about you? Have you seen any films that you love that no else seems to have seen and looks unlikely ever to do so?
If so, what are they?

This is one great film that i've seen that no one else seems to have.
[video=youtube;R5JzTz_7tUU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5JzTz_7tUU[/video]

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I'm into a lot of foreign films that my friends haven't even heard of. There's House the movie, made in Japan back in the 80's, which is a trippy movie about a house that eats its guests. There's Buffalo 66, a movie I cant really describe aside from a man taking a girl hostage so that she can meet his parents. She goes along with it. Mullholland Drive, no explaining that one...really. Many movies made by Akiro Nagasaki (at least I think that's his name :p), Zizek (A documentary Russia, I believe), French film, a lot of Japanese films, a few non-Bollywood movies from India, and Australia and New Zealand. Love foreign film because it follows a formula that is so uncommon, unlike a lot of movies nowadays in the states.

As a culture we like to talk about what we love and in some cases show off how much we love it. This gets hard when you see a movie (or experience a piece of any other medium) that no one seems to have seen.

The good thing about that is being able to show this to a friend for the first time and see how they react. Its always interesting, especially if they end up liking it too. It becomes a shared addiction, and sometimes even an inside joke.

Last edited:

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
This is one great film that i've seen that no one else seems to have.
[video=youtube;R5JzTz_7tUU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5JzTz_7tUU[/video]

I've seen that film ;) I love the Egyptian mythology woven into the story.

I watch a whole heap of movies many consider to be not worth their time and I have never met anyone who has seen any of them.

These include:

Suicide Club
Killer Tongue
The Nature of Nicholas
Le Mond du Ludovic
The Dust Factory
Song For a Raggy Boy
Nimmermeer
Wristcutters: A Love Story
Mysterious Skin
Sønner (Sons)

Just to name a few. I sometimes go out of my way to find movies like these because I find that they are always rather liberal with their creativeness making for some stunning visuals, a really bizarre story or one of the best movies that has yet to explode into the mainstream.

Last edited:
Here's another one though
[video=youtube;Ec-70W_K77U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec-70W_K77U[/video]
A little more well known than some that have been posted here, but only amongst the die-hard film buffs. This film makes you feel so helpless and actually made me angry at the ending. I'll avoid disclosing exactly why ;)

I love that the remake is shot for shot the same as the original, but yeah, harsh film :P

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Struck by Lightning. Oddly never made it out there, but has a cast of pretty famous people.

P

PandaWithaKnife

These movies are probably a lot more popular than I know, I just don't know anyone personally who has seen them.

Shinboru (Symbol)
The Perfect Host
Castaway on the Moon
I'm a Cyborg but That's OK

A ton of others that I can't remember the names of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom