• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Movie franchises that should've ended a long time ago

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
There'll always movie franchises that are dragged out way toooo long. Some that could've had avgreat ending if it wasn't for....THE NEXT MOVIE!
For instance I personally think that the Alien franchise should've ended after Alien 3. When Ripley killed herself and the Queen. But nope....they continued. The Terminator franchise is another one that should've ended waaaay back but nope.
Of course this is my opinion and you're free to differ. But that's not what this thread is about. It's about movie franchises you think should've ended instead of being dragged out.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Star Wars. The sequel trilogy was a disappointment. The prequel trilogy wasn't amazing, but Revenge of the Sith was a good point to leave off on.

Also, the Bayformers series. The first one wasn't good, and making more with the same problem of focusing too much on the human aspect was a mistake if you ask me. The best Transformers movie is till the classic 80s film, IMHO.

ArchAngel217

Spoonman, come together with your hands, save meee
In your head, in your head. Zombie zombie zombie.
Does the Marvel Cinematic Universe count?
I was going to say that, but I didn't want to offend anyone.
MCU was dragged out and not the best. Endgame made no sense and shouldn't've been created.

Star Wars. The sequel trilogy was a disappointment. The prequel trilogy wasn't amazing, but Revenge of the Sith was a good point to leave off on.
I agree. They shouldn't've made any more Star Wars movies.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
MCU is amazing fight me. Star Wars... A sequel trilogy wasn't a bad idea, and the one we gor is ok ish but they really dropped the ball on making it good. I also felt like Toy Story 4 was unnecessary, but it was pretty good.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I somewhat agree on Star Wars, nothing has lived up to the original trilogy. The prequels were kind of warranted so I won't say they shouldn't have been made, ideally they should have been made better.

I haven't seen too many of them, but I feel like the Fast and the Furious has been dragged out way too much. I also agree on the Micheal Bay Transformers films. I used to like the first one and the second, but everything after could have been done without. The Terminator films should have ended with Terminator 2: Judgement Day, that series has became a hot mess ever since.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
who defines which are the masterpieces? it's subjective
waaaah all art is subjective and you can't analyze any of it with an objective focus because it's your opinion
infinity war is genius in its execution and is a masterclass on subversion of expectations, it's so hard to make a coherent film with so many moving parts but they did it
falcon and winter soldier so far is actually a refreshingly nuanced take on radicalism, racism, globalism, and nationalism with a lot of moral grey areas and will probably pan out to be an underrated masterpiece

Gorozoron

wild ride
waaaah all art is subjective and you can't analyze any of it with an objective focus because it's your opinion
infinity war is genius in its execution and is a masterclass on subversion of expectations, it's so hard to make a coherent film with so many moving parts but they did it
falcon and winter soldier so far is actually a refreshingly nuanced take on radicalism, racism, globalism, and nationalism with a lot of moral grey areas and will probably pan out to be an underrated masterpiece
alright the way you phrased that beginning sentence was ****ty but aight
just saying tho you can think that but you got to know you aren't ****ing right nor the other person
You can objectively look at it but yet again this goes to opinion legit any rando can go : Yeah the camerawork is **** or " DANG the camerawork is so good "
but whatever just saying don't act like your opinion on it is the best , In basic terms : Don't be a ***

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom