• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Movie Adaptations of Video Games- Best and Worst

so, I've just watched the (expectedly) god awful Street Fighter live action film; Legend of Chun Li starring Kristen Kreuk of Smallville fame. This got me thinking about the sheer amount of video game movies that are out there and oddly still being made... Most of which aside from Resident Evil (which are also god awful) are being released straight to dvd instead of getting theatre releases... but surely they aren't all bad?

So, here is your chance to list your personal top 3 best and worst video game films just for the fun of it.
(mentioning only live action films here, no cheating with canon cgi films)

Best
1. Silent Hill - epic adaptation, it feels so right and has the spirit of the (decent parts of the) franchise totally down
2. Mortal Kombat - directed by the same numpty who does the Resi films... (he does well when they keep him away form the script)
3. Street Fighter - I'm being as serious as a heart attack here, no video game adaptation is as fun or quotable or this bad that its good

-Honourable mention to the Mario Bros film just because its so random. Dennis Hopper Reebok bob-ombs, man!

Worst
1. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation - what the hell?
2. Tekken - ...
3. Doom - Aside from the random first person sequence near the end there isn't much going on here, though there is a pretty blonde.

-Honourable mention to the Dead or Alive film; it had the spirit of the franchise down in that it may as well be softcore pr0n but with added cosplay.

Best.
1.Tomb Raider(Both Films). They may not be perfect but Angelina Jolie helps make up for that:D
2.Max Payne. I fairly enjoyed this film where as i didn't so much enjoy the games.
I Only has 2 sadly:P

Worst.
1.Dead Or Alive. The game gave us so much and was so bouncy, the film was as a flat as the actress's chests:(
2.Resident Evil(All Movies). From the first film this franchise has been 1 giant cluster**** and its only getting worse.
3.Mario Bros. There was no excuse for this film it tarnished the reputations of good actors.

Although there is 1 set of films that should be held above all others as the worst ever and that is any film by Uwe Boll as everyone of his films is garbage beyond words, it still surprises me he even manages to get well known actors to star in his trash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom