• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Four Swords Adventures Movement Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Hey everyone, I just got FSA, the only issue is that near the beginning of the game, I was trying to solve the puzzle where I gather the "Four on the Arrow" to proceed, however I kept trying that and I'd always walk to the left screen, then move right to the previous screen. I knew this was because I didn't get the puzzle right, but then all of the Links kept moving RIGHT. I tried moving my analog stick left to stop, and they did stop, I could move them up and down, and press hard left to stop, but when I let go they kept running to the right.

Later, I switched the area and tried it again. Finally getting the puzzle right, I moved left a screen with no issues. However, I recently picked up the Fire Rod (sad that I lost the boomerang by the way), and I tried to follow Dark Link across the river via underground tunnel. I made it through the tunnel fine, but I got one screen left of the exit and I moved right uncontrollably AGAIN. Now, I can't stop. I was hoping it'd stop if I entered the tunnel, but it didn't. Now I find myself helplessly running and trying to push a treasure chest, and the ladder is too far to the left to make it back up.

Has this glitch happened to anyone else? If so, is there a way to stop the glitch without having lose my current progress? I hope someone can help.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
Alright, this could potentally be a simple, common problem. Your controller might be "stuck" right. What that means, is that when you plugged it in or turned on your gamecube (this IS gc, right?), your analog stick was pointing right. All you have to do is unplug the controller, and, making sure the analog stick is in the middle, plug it back in. If that didn't work, then sorry, I don't know what's wrong. I might just have to go play FSA again, though. Thanks for the excuse!! :D

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Alright, this could potentally be a simple, common problem. Your controller might be "stuck" right. What that means, is that when you plugged it in or turned on your gamecube (this IS gc, right?), your analog stick was pointing right. All you have to do is unplug the controller, and, making sure the analog stick is in the middle, plug it back in. If that didn't work, then sorry, I don't know what's wrong. I might just have to go play FSA again, though. Thanks for the excuse!! :D

No, it's not a GC it's a Wii. I'm just playing the GC game on my Wii because I don't have a GC. Although I am using a wireless controller, so I'll try that and if it doesn't work, I still say thanks.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
This will happen with any system with a controller with an analog stick. Reconnect the controller and it will work again.

I've tried reconnecting the controller and it still doesn't work. I'm actually going to return the game today, because it only happens when I try to move left a screen, then it just keeps going.

Maybe it's just the controller that's messed up. I would try that controller on a different game and see if the same thing happens. If it does, it's the controller that's messed up, not the game.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
This is a very common problem. Actually, it's not that much of a problem.

There are potentially two causes-

1- There is something stuck and causing the controller to lean to one side
2- A simple glitch. It can be fixed by unplugging and re-inserting the controller's lead.

Both can be easily fixed, and if it continues, I would reccomend you buy a new controller.

David

But you called me here...
I've had the issue before with other games. it was always just a controller glitch. I use the wired controllers, so when it happens, I can easily just unplug and replug them in. If that doesn't work, there might be an issue with the wireless controller. While I love the wireless GC controllers, they have been notorious for screwing things up. Try the game with a wired controller and see if that solves anything. And if it does, you may need to get a new wireless controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom