• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Mothula on Link to the Past -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

link123

I am fighting Mothula but i keep getting defeated and yes i looked it up how to defeat it and on youtube but i keep getting defeated cuz its so hard to dodge the stupid spikes and sand turning:( oh...............man.............................. -.-

MW7

You're going to take damage in the fight against Mothula because of how ridiculous the room is. So accept that and go all out offensively and just hack away with the sword. The only tactic I know of is to go to the top of the screen once Mothula starts shooting rings down. Bring as many fairies as you can and collect as many heart pieces as possible. Also, since ALTTP is nonlinear, there is no shame in leaving Mothula until later. You can go on to the next dungeon and the dungeon after that etc., you don't have to beat Mothula until you want to go to the final dungeon so you can just wait. By then you could have found all the bottles, upgraded your sword, and gained more heart containers; Mothula would be much more manageable then.

R

Rodmaster 2000

I sugest you carry a mixed amount of red potion and faries.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Hmmmm. Yes Mothula, a great foe indeed. You have the fire-rod by this time correct? The fire-rod is a very effective weapon against this beast, so you could stand at range and burn it from afar. You might want to have some green potion handy in case you run out of magic with this method. Believe it or not but a bee is also effective at taking this overgrown moth down. Just find one in the wild and then catch it with you bug net to put it in a bottle. When you start the battle release the bee and have it whittle away it's health. Bees don't last long so either have a few or resort to other methods. You can also charge up a spin attack and move in and out while unleashing it over and over. Try to have some red potion on hand along with some fairies if you still have trouble. Good luck, I hope you come out on top!

I don't even worry about dodging the spikes, just stand a little bit away from Mothula and spam the fire rod until you don't have anymore magic. After that, just walk up to it and spam your sword, and it'll be over in no time. If you hit every time with the fire rod, you won't even need to use your sword. Oh, another tip. Have you gotten the magic upgrade? It makes you use half of the magic you normally would. If you want to know how to do it, check here: http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda03-a-link-to-the-past-weapon-upgrades.php

It's the third item down. Good luck!

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I usually get the Level 3 Sword before going against Mothula. Heck, I usually get the Level 3 Sword before going through the second DW dungeon. ALttP is very famous for its Sequence-Breaking abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom