• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mothula: Evil or Good

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I've played ALttP twice now. And the first time, it was EVIL!!!

I'm talking about Mothula, the moth thingy, boss of the Skull Woods, Level 3. My first time through, it took me forever to beat him. FOREVER. Even with every bottle I had filled with blue potion. It was still impossible.:mad:

The second time I played the game. Comment on this actually. I haven't beat it a second time quite yet. I'm in Turtle Rock. Back to topic. The second time, I beat him on my first try, I only lost like 5 hearts, and I never had to use a potion. Weird huh?

And also, when you're standing next to the pit to fall into his room, has a wallmaster ever come and taken you all the way back to the beginning of the dungeon? That's happened to me SO MANY TIMES! Then, I'll get there, crush the skulls, and drop instantly into the room.

Anything on any of those topics?!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm missing the point of the whole "good and evil" tags you are using. What I am getting is the first playthrough of Mothula was a lot harder compared to your second. This is inevitable with any boss, seeing how you know how to defeat them the second time. It doesn't make that boss less evil or whatever you are trying to get at.

Last edited:

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I'm missing the point of the whole "good and evil" tags you are using. What I am getting is the first playthrough of Mothula was a lot harder compared to your second. This is inevitable with any boos, seeing how you know how to defeat them the second time. It doesn't make that boss less evil or whatever you are trying to get at.
But if it took me a lot of tries on the first time, then how come I didn't learn how to beat him on my say 4th try?

It's rather simple really. You were probably getting frustrated when you first encountered the boss, therefore causing you to be careless. Once you defeated him you realized exactly how to defeat him and when you played it for the second time you simply used your memory to recall how you defeated the boss.

CZG

The first time I met him, I just whacked him with my sword a few times and killed him, no troubles. I might even have made it without getting hit, or maybe once, but at that time, I thought it was the lames boss to appear in the whole series up to that point. The second time, I tried doing the same thing and I would have died if I didn't bring some fairies, and I ended up shooting him with the rod at a safe distance. I managed to get past him with very little life to spare, after I used all my fairies and potions.

This is one of those random bosses, that is different in difficulty each time you meet him.
Just like that Wizzard Boss in The Adventure of Link, when you have to reflect his own beams. Sometimes, you just crouch, wait a bit and he's dead, while other times, he spaws inside you sevaral times and end up killing you.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
If you think he's evil, why don't you just get the Fire Rod, clear Theive's Town or get the Titan's Mitt, get the Tempered Sword, beat dungeon 5 and 6. After that you get the Golden Sword. I did that and it only took one hit to kill him and I battled without losing any health.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
He is a bug. A frustrating bug that moves around the room with no particular pattern in his sights. However that is part of tyhe fun and the challenge that keep a player into the game. This is one of the reasons I love the palace of the four sword. In there you get to fight four Motulas, but the difference is that there are no spiked walls and the floors don't move much. Still I found his four sword version challenging.

I would consider you just learning a lesson there. Mothula is frustrating the first time around and when you look at his environment it is somewhat intimidating. However, on your next playthrough I am sure you'll laugh at what a hard time you had.

Mothula..gifMooooothuuulaaaaARGH!!Mothula..gif

MooooothuuulaaaaaaaaaAAAAARGH!!

Mothulaaa yaAAHRGH MothuuuulaaaAAAH!!
Dongan kasakuyan Indo muuUUUAAARGH
Rusuto uiraadoaARGH
Hanba hanbamuyaAAAANRGHn
Randa banunradan TounjukanraaAAAaRGH
Kasaku yaanmu and so on and so forth...
MOSURA..jpg
... Excuse me, I was trained to do that everytime Mothra or her/his expies are involved.

Wait, what were we talking about again... Oh yeah, the boss battle.
I defeated it in a minute or so. On my first try.

...What?

Last edited:

OotLord1003

Young Link
If your having trouble, Use the can of byrna, I used it and I beat him the first time.

He's evil! I'm working on ALttP for the first time, and i am stuck on this stupid moth! I hit him like 2x with the fire rod and the spikes/moth owned me in like 30 seconds. I didn't have any fairys tho. I'm gonna have to fill up on fairys and blue potion before i try again :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom