• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Mother of all battles (for me)

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
You could literally murder a Lynel right from the plateau if you so chose, it's just more about picking your method, some like me go in guns blazing arrows bombing and choose to leave nothing of the lynel behind and some prefer the not so obvert and life wasting methods.

No, it's certainly doable to face a lynel first thing off the plateau, but I would advise against it unless you got some decent weapons to ration durability for their health pool. Most of the people I know who've done it, attempted it in an additional playthrough after familiarizing themselves with the combat. That's what I did as well. There were some decent swords by some enemy camp near the cold area on the plateau, iirc.

dtc

I recommend you to get stasis+ asap, by giving 3 ancient cores to Purah, then by stasising and hitting enemies you can cancel any kind of attacks (even the ones from the final boss), and it can help fighting against the lynel (even though i dont recommend you going for it now, wait at least till you have better weapons). Oh and if guardians are annoying you can stasis them to reset their beam. The problem is that you cant send enemies flying like normal objects... It would certainly be fun to see a flying lynel

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I recommend you to get stasis+ asap, by giving 3 ancient cores to Purah, then by stasising and hitting enemies you can cancel any kind of attacks (even the ones from the final boss), and it can help fighting against the lynel (even though i dont recommend you going for it now, wait at least till you have better weapons). Oh and if guardians are annoying you can stasis them to reset their beam. The problem is that you cant send enemies flying like normal objects... It would certainly be fun to see a flying lynel
Imagine if you could get on the lynel before launching it with stasis too

Reactions: dtc

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
At first when I encountered Lynels (all night long...oh that's another lynel Lionel :D ) I was like WTF?! How am I ever going to beat THIS enemy?! As I progressed through the game I became stronger and got stronger weapons and decided to finally get over my Lynel fear and fight that bastard. It worked :D Yep I had to prevend myself from dying and ate as much food as I could. Then I became better and better till I reached the point it was no longer impossible for me to beat a Lynel.
To me the best way is to stun it by shooting an arrow in his face and jump on his back and smash and slam at him with a very heavy weapon. When he kicks me off I keep on shooting him in the head and then repeat the process. But many times the Lynel doesn't cooperate so flurry rushes happen very often to me. You'll get there. Hold on ;)

dtc

At first when I encountered Lynels (all night long...oh that's another lynel Lionel :D ) I was like WTF?! How am I ever going to beat THIS enemy?! As I progressed through the game I became stronger and got stronger weapons and decided to finally get over my Lynel fear and fight that bastard. It worked :D Yep I had to prevend myself from dying and ate as much food as I could. Then I became better and better till I reached the point it was no longer impossible for me to beat a Lynel.
To me the best way is to stun it by shooting an arrow in his face and jump on his back and smash and slam at him with a very heavy weapon. When he kicks me off I keep on shooting him in the head and then repeat the process. But many times the Lynel doesn't cooperate so flurry rushes happen very often to me. You'll get there. Hold on ;)
I actually defeat lynels via flurry rushes because usually i spend the master sword and one weapon and then i get another weapon so no losses for me. If it still has some hp left i urbosa it.

dtc

How come no one ever mentioned that I can also use stasis on the Lynel .
;)

I followed what member Shroom mentioned above.
It works like a charm. I did not have to budge a finger & Lo...the lynel gets immediately disintegrated.
Downside is : I did not get any leftovers , what any enemy normally leaves behind in botw after getting walloped.

for the time being I will tag along with what shroom mentioned....Its easy and nicely effective ....but as I get more experience I will combat the lynels the old fashioned ( & athletic ) way.
just an update on the nagging Lynels. : ) and for the records.

Thx.. all of you Guyz
I killed my first 2 lynels , hand to hand combat ...( no ancients)
conclusion
-ancient arrows : clean and no clutter
-stasis+ (Thx, ''dtc") ...is a gamechanger !. without it the Lynel would be just too fast for me at my age ! :)
-all this time I was suffering from 'my Lynel fear ' ........feeling quiet okay now. I had so much fear that I could not even aim the stasis+ at the horned marauder the 1st few times....but its slowly coming to me. I have to admit, a rampaging lynel galloping down is nothing short of getting completely awestruck. ! The beauty of it when charging down and ofcourse the Beast that you have to kill . spellbinding. Good One Nintendo !

so much of real life psycology is involved in these games.....uncanny.
confronting my fears this weekend ...ha ha
Good weekend all !

*PS: I kept hitting the lynel on its face even when in stasis,,,,does this do any damage at all in stasis ...or am I wasting my arrows ? I hear a clear ''clunk'' that I have hit a statue,,,,but I would not know....I was just too dazed :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom