• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Most Wanted Feature in Zelda Wii U

If you had to pick one feature for Nintendo to put in Zelda Wii U, what would it be?
e.g. Mine would be a big 'scary' dungeon that reaches an old Resident Evil game level of creepiness.

Salem

SICK
Most of what I "want" is to remove some stuff that hypothetically might happen, I believe I talked about this before but, I don't want any companions, I don't want transportation overworld. I want them to remove OR have really short tutorials and things like the removal/reduction of "you opened the door!!" or "you're opening a chest" and lastly, the rupee/treasure notification stuff.

Among things I actually want, more dungeons, non-linearity(They covered this already, so I'm not worried:)), a simpler story, more fast paced gameplay and lastly, voice acting.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Hidden skills/ moves similar to them
Magic Meter and Spells/elemental arrows
Climbing abilities from SS (With or without stamina meter, I don't really care to be honest)
Day/night cycle and maybe a weather cycle if it's not too much to ask for
Zelda not to be portrayed as a useless damsel in distress

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
One single feature... Hmm...

Well it's a big feature but, an interesting overworld. Not necessarily a big one, just, an interesting one. Games like Skyrim and Far Cry 3, I rarely fast-travelled because it was fun to roam and do stuff, I had so much fun just clearing bandit camps/strongholds on both games, and both did it in such an organic way. Although Far Cry 3 did make me doubt myself as a player after I spent time stealthily killing all the enemies in bases, and then one time a tiger ran in and killed every enemy on its own in like 10 seconds. I can't match that! :(

So, that's the main thing really. There's so many other features but, I'd like that. I'm the type of player who explores and talks to eeeeeevery single NPC and just farms quests to do, so, I like an interesting overworld to explore.

For me, it's a toss-up between:

A seamless, non-transportation overworld

and/or

A full-scale dual-overworld (more so than Skyward Sword's, which was really a main overworld, and then a separate 'overworld' used basically for fast-travel and to access the hub. I'm talking more like ALttP or OoA, except much larger and in 3D)

and/or

More questing. Like, JRPG amounts of questing. With meaningful rewards, like bunches of rupees (if the game gives a good reason to spend them), perhaps equipment upgrades or optional items; stuff like that. We could have more challenging foes and additional dungeons. This would also allow for an easy way to develop characters and have sub-stories outside the main plot. All good things if you ask me.

As for most wanted? I'd really, really like all three of these things, but if I could have only one, I guess I'd go with the questing. So many possibilities there.

Twilight King

The Actual Hero of Time
Probably legitimate upgrades for everything from your slingshot to Link himself (Including a magic meter). I liked SS's system, but I think there are some things Nintendo could improve on.

Also, music is big for me, so I think a very well-orchestrated game is a must.

And a bow that you don't get in the 3rd to last freaking dungeon.

B

Brothakal

How about a lot more interaction with the WiiU's new controller? Like in a certain boss fight have it to where a boss "posses" the controller and makes it unusable until you (for example) swipe away all the dark mass that would cloud the screen when the boss takes over the remote.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Hmm..... Interesting question. Cel-shading

Anyway, I really do kinda wish they could do another WW art-style zelda game. However, I think what Brothakal said would be pretty cool too. Incorporating the GamePad for more than just boss fights. It could be used for the Bow and Arrow or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom