• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Underrated Game of All Time.

• Thread starter Huskersrule2007
  • Start date
H

Huskersrule2007

I remember when this game came out. Actually thats not true mostly due to the fact that this game just came out of NO WHERE. Not only did most people look at this game like WHAT IS THIS. Once you took it home it was a none stop game of fun something lacking out of most Xbox and PS3 games these days.

i picked up my copy of it a couple of weeks ago for the ps3, and i literally just finished the final boss 5 mins ago. truly was a highly enjoyable game. its not the kind of game id normally go for but seeing that it was supposedly like zelda, i said id give it a go, so picked it up second hand. id honestly recommend it for anyone.

looking forward to the second one now :D

i assume there is going to be a further 2 games, provided the second goes down well? would be interested to see what they can do :)

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I'm not quite sure I'd go as far as saying it is the most underrated games of all time... but I do think it is a bit underrated. There are a lot of games I've played that haven't quite seen the critical or commercial success, yet I thought they were amazing. I think Darksiders fits this criteria to an extent... I mean, let's not get ahead of ourselves, the game did get fantastic reviews and has average scores in the 80's on Metacritic and Game Rankings.

I actually have this feeling that part 2 will be SO good... that well, part 1 will appear more mediocre than it really is, once part 2 is released.

The first time I've ever heard of this game was when Zelda Dungeon started talking about it, and then I searched it and found out that it's a lot like Zelda.

P.S. Skyward Sword ROCKS!!

The first time I ever heard about this game was on a TV spot. It didn't really catch my eye at the time, because it looked like another game like The Darkness. So I just didn't pay it that much attention.
Then later on I saw trailers and things on Machinima and it started looking a lot better than when I first saw it.
Got an Xbox 360 copy and I loved it.
Great story, great characters, great sound quality and awesome voice actors.

Really looking forward to the second one, with all these RPG elements there talking about.

C

chaoswanderer

I haven't had too much time to get into the game yet. I own it for the ps3 and it seems more like God of War than Zelda. When does it start seeming like a Zelda game?

iMadMax

Zelda Masta
meh not really it wasnt really unique, it took a lot of ideas of other franchises. But it was still a really good game but definatly not the most underated of all time

Yes, at the 2011 nimtendo E3, I saw Darksiders II as one of the WiiU launch titles, and I was thinking "What in the world is Darksiders?It's probably another crappy, dull, 3rd party game like all the other games coming out these days", But since Mases started Darksiders Dungeon (I think it was Mases), I started paying more attention to the series. Thank you mases, for introducing me to such a great game.

I agree with Mases in saying your assertion is certainly going a bit too far, however, the true potential of a great game was not seen by many critics. That being said, I don not believe the original Darksiders is nearly in the same league as say Zelda or God of War, however, it definitely is great. Darksiders II looks to be a fulfillment of all the hopes, promises, ad dreams of franchise fans. It's gonna be a big one to look out for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom