• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most nostalgic cartoon show?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Other ones that were very memorable to me overall are the 90s Fox Spider-Man cartoon, a lot of the classic CN shows (early to late 2000s especially), Transformers Cybertron, Sonic X, and Tom and Jerry, among others.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I think "most nostalgic" is ultimately a subjective concept, but as for me, the most nostalgic cartoons were the ones featured on late 90s, early 2000s Cartoon Network. That was easily my favorite channel growing up and I watched it religiously. Out of all the cartoons, the most nostalgic for me was the Powerpuff Girls. Everything from the characters to the music are legendary. I used to have everything Powerpuff Girls; dolls, shirts, VHS tapes, and even CD soundtracks. My favorite one featured a song by a forgotten band called the Apples in Stereo. I think the song was called "Signal in the Sky", and they would play the music video during commercial breaks sometimes. I also adored Buttercup. She was my first idol. I always thought she was so cool and tough, as I was more like Bubbles growing up and hated myself for being so sensitive like her all the time. Also, Buttercup wore green, and that was and still is my favorite color.

Some honorable mentions would be Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, and by far the biggest honorable mention is Courage the Cowardly Dog. That one was my second favorite after PPG.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
buttercup was my favorite too hmm
in hindsight I hated bubbles and I believe I've mentioned in other places how much I dislike wimpy characters and find them irredeemable

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
buttercup was my favorite too hmm
in hindsight I hated bubbles and I believe I've mentioned in other places how much I dislike wimpy characters and find them irredeemable

Yeah...so do I. I don't HATE them but I find them annoying. I feel like they don't add anything interesting to the show. I remember I got a mystery keychain pack once for PPG and got Bubbles. I was so mad lol

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Little Bear. Easy. I tend to be a fairly nostalgic person, but there isn't a single show that brings me back quite like that one. It was my favourite show as a kid and I remember looking back at it fairly recently and it hit me really hard.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
That's a tough one...Clone Wars comes to mind (not the cg knockoff, the OG Tartakovsky series). I watched a lot of Boomerang too. Top Cat was great, Scooby Doo, Jetsons and Flintstones...um, I guess Trigun counts. I'm probably going to have to go with Trigun or Tom and Jerry for straight-up nostalgia.

Last edited:
I miss the good old times when I could enjoy watching episode after episode of Glitter Force and My Little Pony :/ :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom