• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Most Epic Final Bosses in Your Opinion?

OcarinaSword

Never Give up
Well i dont play very many games that i actully finish for the final battle but i guess ganadorf on twilight princess!

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
Ace Attorney series
All five games in this amazing series have epic final showdowns between the lead character and the ultimate villain. All of these moments are just loaded with awesomeness, especially since you are against all odds during these fights. The main thing that sets these games apart from others is that it makes you truly feel the pressure- you truly feel like you're in the midst of a desperate struggle, and the endings are the most gratifying experience in any game ever.

Heroes of Mana- Goddess of Darkness/Anise
Another amazing battle. The desperate struggle for the world's very existence, and the culmination of all the pain, suffering, and sacrifice up to this point. When you find out the true reasons behind the villain's actions, it just gets that much more emotional.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future- Clive
Well, not technically a battle, per se, but it might as well be one. This was amazing, intense, emotional, and just plain epic all in one.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle- Final Hazard
Aside from the horrendous name choice, this was another emotional and perfectly executed boss fight.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of T/D/S- Primal Dialga
The most emotional fight in any game ever. You know that by defeating him, you will die, but you do so anyway. Not to mention the beautiful music all the while.

Mega Man Zero 2- Commander Elpizo
Your former leader and friend, driven mad by power and feelings of helplessness. Finally crosses the point of no return by killing Mega Man X. He tries to kill you himself, before you finally put an end to his destructive rampage, but not without feeling the pain of having to kill him.

Cave Story- Ballos
The perfect setting- the island is collapsing, being torn down by Ballos' uncontrollable magic, and you must kill him to finally end his rampage, or be killed yourself. It doesn't get more epic than this, especially after you finally uncover the last of the game's secrets while travelling through the Sacred Grounds to get to Ballos. The last area's only purpose is to set the story up for the final showdown.

Wind Waker- Ganondorf
See above reasons.

I Wanna Be The Guy- The Guy
This one is just epic. That is all.

Stallord

Twilit Fossil
Technically, Lance isn't even the final trainer in G/S. Unless you already know...

The final trainer is actually Red from R/B/Y/FR/LG

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
Ganon from A Link to the Past has to be the most epic final boss because you went through a very challenging game and when you finally have the
final showdown with the big man himself, it just feels very epic.
ganon.jpg

Another final boss I would like to mention is Bowser from New Super Mario Bros. Wii. just when you thought the battle was over, Bowser grows to a Godzilla like size and starts going after you. The reason I like this final boss so much is because the final battle is more like an epic level than a boss fight.
bowser.png

And last but not least Majora (without Feirce Deity's Mask), with the FD's mask this boss was way too easy, but without the FD's mask, this boss battle is somewhat challenging and fun, with three forms it can get really wild at times.
Majora%27s_Wrath_Artwork.png

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I'm going to limit mine to the Zelda games only.

Ocarina of Time:
This one is my favorite. It starts off with Ganondorf dramatically playing the organ in a very dramatic cut-scene. Although I think the fallowing battle is a little dissapointing (although it can get quite chaotic). But the escape part and the Ganon battle do more than enough to make up for it.

Twilight Princess:
This one starts out with Ganondorf taking over Princess Zelda's body which initates a battle extreamly simmilar to the first battle of Ocarina of Time. The next phase is fought against beast Ganon, I like how you use wolf link but it's very annoying how you have to change back to Link's human form to damage him. Next is the horseback phase, which I thought should have been taken out completely. The 1 on 1 sword fight was perfect. It would have been #1 if it wasn't for the possesed Zelda and horseback battles.

Zelda 2:
This was also a great one. You're fighting Dark Link, your shadow, yourself! He's also the most difficult boss unless you cheat and use the crouch in the corner and stab until you win technique.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I'm going to limit mine to the Zelda games only.

Twilight Princess:
This one starts out with Ganondorf taking over Princess Zelda's body which initates a battle extreamly simmilar to the first battle of Ocarina of Time. The next phase is fought against beast Ganon, I like how you use wolf link but it's very annoying how you have to change back to Link's human form to damage him. Next is the horseback phase, which I thought should have been taken out completely. The 1 on 1 sword fight was perfect. It would have been #1 if it wasn't for the possesed Zelda and horseback battles.

You don't have to change back to damage him.

Mother Brain in Super Metroid is a good one. Then there's the Giygas fight in Earthbound. Watching the fight is unnerving. Fighting it makes you feel so many different emotions of fear, helplessness, and confusion. There are no real words to describe the fight.
Kefka in Final Fantasy VI was epic too. He first blows up random sections of the world that he already raptured in the middle of the game, and then he proceeds to transform into a gigantic tower of effigies of himself, revealing a more narcissistic side of him, and one you conquer his effigies, he turns into a half-naked purple arch-angel with a batwing and birdwing holding his hand out as if casting spells downwards towards your party.
I don't think it's fair to have only FINAL bosses. The Core in Cave Story was pretty epic. First off, the music. Look up "Cave Story - Oppression" on Youtube and click on the one with a preview pic of a blue-eyed blonde anime girl. It's an awesome tune. Next, there's the situation. You just got trapped in a long-lost empire of catacombs now infested with oversized beetles, after which you and your friend venture through the center of a floating island, until you find the underground fortress that guards the heart of the island. The heart of the island (the Core) locks you in its chamber, awakens its minions, haphazardly fills and empties the room with water to drown you, and fires GIGANTIC balls of pure energy to kill you. There are dead robotic warriors scattered across the battlefield, which only adds to the haunting atmosphere.
And the most epic is on the original MOTHER, where you fight Giegue. You stand on a desolate cliff, overlooking a shadowy abyss, as you see a strangely shaped spacecraft rise from the depths. From the ship emerges Giegue, a ghastly looking alien that invites you to betray your species and join him on his world conquest. The only way to beat him is to stay alive and sing the song of his childhood, which tears him apart, reminding him of his human past, torn between sentimental values of his innocence and the belligerent strength he commanded now. He is forced to fly away in his massive ship, saying to you that you will meet again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom