• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most endearing characters in gaming

Ever played a game that sucked but found yourself really caring about a character?

Even when the gameplay, narrative and world of the game sucked, was there still that one character you connected with, one that became endearing to you?

Which characters in which games were they?

Do you still feel for the characters in question even though their games sucked?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Any respectable character in Game of Thrones.

Uh... Sonic in Sonic Colors. I didn't want to see it go down that way

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
ok,removing any mention of the game "sucking",and I'd answer w/ elena from pandora's tower
despite me hating the dungeons in zelda games which is what pandora's tower basically is, just going through dungeons, elena was a big reason why I kept playing through the game and honestly made it one of my favorite wii games
it wasn't just elena though,the game itself was also well designed,but it's hard to say if I would've stuck through w/ the game if it didn't have those elena interactions

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Archeage sure sucks raw essence. But I somehow got attached to my warforged. However brief my time with that character was - their origin story is really compelling and really got me to relate to that race and their place in the world. Of course it also doesn't hurt that I somehow managed to make her a total hottie. Man I wish I'd taken screen captures before uninstalling... *cough* :reggie:

I remember I had something of an affection for Vanille for a while after playing Final Fantasy XIII, which is weird because I usually despise her archetype. I guess it was her relevance to the story and her part in the ending. But that didn't last long. There really isn't anything to take away from that game. It's complete mostly ****e.

Balthier from Final Fantasy XII steals every scene. Fran too whenever she pipes up. I like XII but the cast of that one is dull and lifeless with the exception of those two.

Varric from Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition. Whoever wrote him really did a good job. And I never expected to like Cassandra as much as I do. Dorian too. And Solas. Heck, Inquisition probably has my all time favorite cast for an RPG, Japanese or otherwise. For some reason I liked Bethany from DA2 even though she's a mostly expressionless doormat. I guess I just kinda felt protective of her. DA2 really pales in comparison to DA:O&I so she's kinda fallen out of favor.

Geralt the Witcher is another character I didn't expect to like as much as I have. I always liked the mage Cynthia from Wircher 2. She plays a rather small part in the story but she's a central character in a sizeable side quest in the later chapter and that's more than enough time to get to like her. I wish she was in Witcher 3. Speaking of Witcher 3, the love birds from Blood and Wine's Warble of a Smitten Knight quest are quite endearing :)

Of course nothing compares to my girl Midna <3 :bubsy::ham::hug::lemmy::pikalove::`v`::right:

Kat in Gravity Rush is lovely. She is so cute and defines the term endearing. Its impossible to hate her. She feels very genuine and even thoigh Gravity Rush 2 ****ed her origins big time her personality survived and its the crown jewel of the game itself.

gravityrush2-1280-1484011789486_1280w.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom