• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Disappointing Games of 2013

Don't think there's a thread like this made yet. Since 2013's almost coming to an end, which games do you think are the most disappointing to you?

For me, it's Sonic Lost World for the Wii U. Not a terrible game, but it's also not a very good one either. After the last two main Sonic titles, Sega decided to throw away what made those games successful in the first place with a game that rips off every element from Mario (specifically Super Mario Galaxy). I was really looking forward to this game (and back then, I actually gave it a chance), but after playing it, the game really didn't live up to my expectations. Again, it wasn't Sonic 06 bad, but instead, it's a mediocre title at best. To Sega, better luck next time (hopefully).

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Amy!

Amy had such promise during early previews. It was a quite creative take on the zombie formula; how you could let yourself turn a bit and therefore walk past the zombies, but risk dying because of not healing yourself. I thought it was a really neat, creative thing to do. But the execution was just awful, it didn't work at all like they said, in an open-ended way, and the game itself was just bad. And buggy!

Definitely one of the worst. Second place would go to Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, which also had some pretty cool ideas but was just not a game worthy of a good franchise name and cast. :P

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Aliens: Colonial Marines immediately leaps to mind. All the pre-release footage looked awesome, but it all turned out to be false advertisement. ALL of it was pre-rendered and scripted. The final product couldn't have been any more of an embarrassment, what with the atrociously dated visuals, braindead AI, repetitive nature, and laughable story.

As for Lost World... really? Why is it that so many people say it's a rip-off of Galaxy? Have people seriously forgotten about the unreleased Sonic X-Treme and the gravity-based levels in Sonic Adventure 2? It also didn't "abandon" what made the previous two games successful. It trimmed the fat from them and returned to the series roots by not trying to be Need for Speed, but instead -- get this -- a PLATFORMER! You know, like the Genesis games? Amazing how people have forgotten that's what Sonic is. Speed in the Genesis games was a reward, something that required memorizing the levels and figuring out the fastest paths. It also actually took skill to pull off, unlike in every game since Rush where it was the be-all, end-all means of the experience. Lost World brought that back, which is something I'd been waiting for for a LONG time.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
I didn't get too many games in 2013, but none of them were BAD, which is good! All I got I think was GTAV, Pokemon, Zelda, and some Wii U games.

But Sonic: Lost World was disappointing. I had higher hopes, I must say. I thought the platforming was choppy. For instance: precise landings. I don't think I ever once made a perfect jump onto the top of a capsule, and that shouldn't be hard to do. Also, the Color Powers and parkour system seemed extremely broken, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom