• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Anticipated Games of 2013

Now that 2012 is coming to a close, I think just about all of us gamers are looking forward to 2013 for games. As of now, numerous games look exciting enough for me to purchase; these games could end up looking worse near release and more games could rise up that I don't know about now, but for the moment, these are the games that I'm anticipating for 2013:

-BioShock Infinite
-Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
-The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
-Injustice: Gods Among Us
-Deadpool

Which games are you anticipating?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Zelda 3DS ;)

Of games that I know are coming out then Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and technically Paper Mario: Sticker Star. I know that was released this year but I'm not gonna get it until January so I'm counting it on my list. Other than those there's not much I know of besides LEGO City: Undercover, GTA V and the Hitman HD Collection. I suppose I'm looking forward to the next two map packs for Halo 4 as well but that doesn't really seem to qualify.

Still though, I mentioned them.

Kirino

Tatakae
-Bioshock Infinite
-Injustice: Gods Among Us
-Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
-Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
-Fire Emblem: Awakening
-Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

There's also some more, but those are my most anticipated. 2013 seems to be another great year for gamimg.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Fire Emblem: Awakening is the only game I'm looking forward to for 2013. There will be the compulsory Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 release or whatever Cashtivision decides to churn out, but I couldn't care less. It's all about FE3DS for me; I've been waiting a little over a year for a 3DS strategy game that I could enjoy! The only thing that's making me mad is the terrible English translation. Krom should not be translated into Chrom. The two aren't the same to me. If I could, I'd hex edit the 3DS flash cart the moment I got it, but I've no idea how/if it's possible yet. :I

Sure wish 3DS games were as malleable as GBA games are. I hack FE all the time :O

Kazumi

chagy
My most anticipated games (note, not all of these are confirmed to come out in 2013, just my hopes and dreams please don't crush):

- Persona 5
- Thief 4
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Global Agenda 2
- Final Fantasy X HD

atlus pls

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
My bank account called. I don't get to be interested in any new games. I don't have a 3DS or Wii U so that helps.

I'll probably be able to beg, borrow, and steal enough for either Bioshock Infinite or GTA 5 this spring.

I do like the offerings that often show up on Xbox Live Arcade. It helps that they only run $5-15. There's a little 2D side-scroller coming out called Vessel that looks pretty good.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Bioshock Infinite is about it, but I know better than to get excited about any video game being made anymore. Just because it looks good doesn't mean that it is.

Other than that I'm interested in seeing how the Final Fantasy XIII saga concludes although not enough to play it. Given the trend in video games this year chances are it'll end poorly, so I'll just catch the cutscenes on Youtube. Let others play it so I don't have to.

I don't possess the disposable income to afford new releases.

Other than that I am not aware of much of anything even being in the works right now. Not that anyone has made much of any mention of anyway.

Chances are Dragon Age 3 will be up for a 2013 release. And I couldn't care less about that.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Out of the games that are officially announced for 2013, so far I'm most anticipated for...

- Dead Space 3
- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
- Deadpool
- Bioshock: Infinite
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
- Tomb Raider
- Gears of War: Judgement
- God of War: Ascension
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Fire Emblem: Awakening

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
From what has actually been announced that we know for sure will release in 2013, it's...

DMC
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Dead Space 3
Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
Tomb Raider
Gears of War: Judgement
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
The Last of Us
Grand Theft Auto V
Rainbow Six: Patriots

That's all I can really think of, off the top of my head. 2013 looks like a great year for gamers, I mean, that's only what's been announced for about the first half of the year. With that said, I can't help but feel that Sony and Microsoft have some real big plans for the remainder of the year. Like say... next gen?

Last edited:
You beat me to the punch, HoT. Impressive.

Early 2013 is looking better than this year's holiday season which is certainly a compliment as the end of the year has traditionally been the period for the most AAA games.

My most anticipated games:

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

[video=youtube;5aAs-vZ4rZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aAs-vZ4rZE[/video]

Rayman Legends

[video=youtube;HmVtkqypEBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmVtkqypEBw[/video]

Fire Emblem: Awakening

[video=youtube;n-BB3KbVUYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-BB3KbVUYI[/video]

The Last of Us

[video=youtube;W01L70IGBgE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W01L70IGBgE[/video]

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

[video=youtube;sm_mwNj06Uo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_mwNj06Uo[/video]

Zelda 3DS

I could go into an explanation of why I choose to include these games but they each possess an aesthetic (Ni No Kuni, Rayman), plot (Fire Emblem, The Last of Us, Ni No Kuni, Zelda)), or gameplay (Zelda, Fire Emblem, Rayman, Luigi's Mansion) merit.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
GTA V ~ Been waiting for this game a while now, never liked GTA IV that much since it didn't feel like San Andreas, my favorite GTA installment at the moment. I've heard GTA V will be similar to San Andreas so am excited to play this.

Bioshock Infinite ~ I'm fan of the Bioshock games and mostly excited that we are going up in the sky instead of under the water. Will be interesting to see Bioshock in steampunk and how the story will play out.

The Elder Scrolls: Online ~ Didn't even know this game existed until a week ago, then realized it's releasing in early 2013. In my wildest fantasies I've always had one of my favorite gaming series/movies get implemented in an MMO environment, but it's turned out these games don't turn out so good (Star Wars: The Old Republic, Star trek online and Lord of the rings online). So I'm not expecting anything big from TES, just hoping they don't make the same mistakes as EA did. Still excited though, TES is a very nice series and MMORPG is my favorite genre.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Simple....

GTA V- Alongside Zelda GTA is my favorites series and GTA V may even surpass San Andreas!

Bioshock Infinite- Its Bioshock for one and it's in the Sky....

Last of Us- Looks like uncharted but with the undead :)

Watchdogs- If it plays how it did at E3 then it could be GOTY

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Watchdogs

Completely forgot about that one... haven't seen it since E3. That's the only game that drew my attention this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom