• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Most Accurate NES Translations?...

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
Read the title. I'm looking for what the most ACCURATE NES translation is. For partially the same reason I prefer the GBA ALttP over the SNES one. To my knowledge, correct me if I am wrong, there are 3 translations of Zelda 1+2. The first being the original NES release, the Second being the GCN "Collector's Edition", and the Third being the GBA NES Classics version. The GC version corrected most of the typos, but the title screens (As I recall... I lost the game) Read "1986-2003", which was also used for the Wii virtual console port. The GBA version however, reads "1986-2004". This goes for both Zelda 1 and 2. Am I correct in assuming I should get the GBA NES Classics version if I want the most Up to date version?

I'm not sure what you mean by up to date? I don't know about the GC version but I own both LoZ and AoL on my GBA and they're straight ports of the original. sound, graphics nothing has been touched, revamped or spruced up in any way, shape, or form like it has with SMB3 for example. If you want accurate, then nab the GBA ones, or get an nes and the games.

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
Actually, the Into screen is retranslated. I've seen the intro screens for NES, GC, and GBA, and the NES is VERY inaccurate compared to the GC and GBA version (By accuracy, I am referring to how close it is to the Japanese text). I am assuming, given the extra year added to the GBA port, that SOMETHING has changed, and I just want to know if anyone can verify that there is a difference between the GC/VC and GBA versions aside from the copyright years.

And before someone points this out, yes, I'm nitpicking, but I still think it's Important what the text says. Same reason ALttP GBA is considered more canonical, at least by me. (Wise Men -> Sages was a big thing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom