• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

More Than One Ganon?

startimer

Resident Cartographer
Well i have to say Zemen's version makes sense. Ganon is a supernatural evil, and Ganondorf is the vessel it resides in. right?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well i have to say Zemen's version makes sense. Ganon is a supernatural evil, and Ganondorf is the vessel it resides in. right?

Yup. That's pretty much the one/two sentence version of what I was trying to say.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
My theory is, that after Ganondorf is killed in TP, FSA introduces a new Ganondorf, but the demon (Ganon) takes over this new Ganondorf's body. Same name, different "human", same demon in his body.

This makes a whole lot of since since where FSA is it would be over a 100 years past TP so this could be the new King of the Gerudo also named Ganondorf kind of like all the princesses are named Zelda

This makes a whole lot of since since where FSA is it would be over a 100 years past TP so this could be the new King of the Gerudo also named Ganondorf kind of like all the princesses are named Zelda

Not necessarily. The next king of the gerudo would have been around by the time of TP. TP takes place about 100 years after OoT, thus a new Gerudo king would've been born.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Not necessarily. The next king of the gerudo would have been around by the time of TP. TP takes place about 100 years after OoT, thus a new Gerudo king would've been born.

Well, TP is actually hundreds of years after OoT so here could have been multiple Gerudo kings...but we didn't see any Gerudo in TP so it's widely believed that the Gerudo have been wiped out by that time. Of course this wouldn't answer the question as to how a new Ganondorf is born if there are no Gerudo for him to be born from and why would someone name their child after a well known evil in the past?

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire

Yes but the ganondorf in TP could be a new ganondorf to making it every 100 years a new king of gerudos born

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Yes but the ganondorf in TP could be a new ganondorf to making it every 100 years a new king of gerudos born

The Ganondorf in TP is 100% the same Ganondorf as in OoT. They show a cutscene in TP which is a flashback. This cutscene takes place several years after OoT and it shows the same Ganondorf sentenced to execution but then sent to the Twilight Realm making it perfectly clear that it's the same Ganondorf in TP who is trying to get out of the Twilight Realm.

Unless you have never played TP, I don't see how you could possibly think that it's a new Ganondorf in TP. Also, have you noticed there are no Gerudo in TP and that the Gerudo desert is empty? Kind of hard for a new male Gerudo to be born if there are no Gerudo.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Idk the only evidence for it is that apparently there's an interview where they say that all Ganon's are the same (Lex never showed me the interview, though...)

It just seems logical.

With AST and all it seems that Ganon is atleast the same for LoZ/AoL OoX and either the
/TWW/PH
OoT
\MM-TP

or the FSA-ALttP

arc.

I've seen the interveiw but I can't find it. I'll contact Lex. Hold on.

B

BubbaSteamrolle

In TP, Zant said something along the lines of "he has already been reborn." referring to Ganondorf, who we see later on in the game. Assuming this isn't just a translation error, this gives the possibility that Ganondorf the man can come into existence in Hyrule even after death or banishment by being reborn (if one has some imagination, it opens the possibility that this may even be what happens every hundred years in the Gerudo Tribe). Thus, there is a possibility of having multiple Ganondorfs and Ganons with completely unique and independent histories in Hyrule, but at the same time, all having the same evil spirit possessing them.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
In TP, Zant said something along the lines of "he has already been reborn." referring to Ganondorf, who we see later on in the game. Assuming this isn't just a translation error, this gives the possibility that Ganondorf the man can come into existence in Hyrule even after death or banishment by being reborn (if one has some imagination, it opens the possibility that this may even be what happens every hundred years in the Gerudo Tribe). Thus, there is a possibility of having multiple Ganondorfs and Ganons with completely unique and independent histories in Hyrule, but at the same time, all having the same evil spirit possessing them.

By reborn, I think Zant meant that he regained his power. It's the same Ganondorf from OoT. That's the whole point of the game. The fact that they tried to stop Ganondorf in OoT by killing him, but they couldn't so they sent him to a realm in which he wouldn't be able to escape. He eventually finds a way to escape and now a new Link must defeat him. It IS the same Ganondorf so it would be great if people would come up with theories that don't involve TP Ganondorf being a new Ganondorf.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
The only game where he is confirmed D-E-D dead is the backstory of Adventure of Link (i.e., the end of Legend of Zelda). In every other game, its implied if not outright said that he is sealed.

Ergo, there is only one Ganon. And Ganodorf = Ganon.

Kinda agreeing on what Mike said above, we really don't know when Ganon/dorf dies. The only two games (yes, two actually Mike), that show that Ganon has been/is dead, are AoL and OoX. Of course, he is partially revived in OoX, but not completely and by that game, we know that he was dead prior.

Therefore, it comes down to how you structure your timeline, and what games you would put after and before both AoL and OoX. We know Ganon died in LoZ, because that surely comes directly before AoL. OoX is a bit different, as its placement isn't sure and is highly debated. But, considering a lot of other evidence, OoX makes sense to either come after ALttP, or after AoL. Going by the fact that Ganon died by the Silver Arrows in LoZ, one can assume that his death in ALttP by those same means would also render him completely dead (only makes sense). OoX could then come some generation(s) after ALttP. It can also come after AoL because Ganon was never resurrected in that game.

What everyone believes otherwise than those two instances hasn't really ever been confirmed as the death of Ganon/dorf... And none of those instances include Ganondorf (the man). Though it might seem that Ganondorf died at the end of WW and TP, it can only be speculated really. So since we have no idea of if Ganondorf's body ever was truly killed, we cannot know if Ganon is a spirit inhabiting this body, and we cannot know if there have been multiple Ganondorfs. We do know that Ganondorf was the same in OoT, TP, and WW, however. And I believe that this was the same Ganondorf in FSA as well.

My conclusion would be that there has always been just one Ganondorf and one Ganon. I believe that Ganondorf (the man) abandons his human form on the CT by the Seal War, upon wishing on the Triforce (though he is seen to have been transformed into Ganon before, this was never said to be permanent except for ALttP's story).

V

Viral

Well, although WW might seem ambiguous because he turns to stone, Aonuma confirmed that he did die, and that the reason that he turned to stone was so that the game could keep its G rating, as well as flowing with the games vibrant and childlike nature (the graphics etc etc).

Twilight Princess on the other hand is open to speculation: I like to think that he died after Zant did the whole neck snap thing. The Triforce of Power fading is also a possible indication for his dying.

Speaking of the Triforce of Power... it is possible (I'm not sure if this theory has been discussed much here) that the piece grants Ganondorf some form of immortality of extended life. In OoT, Ganondorf is totally thrashed about by Link, and then stabbed in the forehead after transforming into Ganon. However, he remains alive, and the Sages need to seal him away in the Sacred Realm. In Twilight Princess, when the Sages go to execute Ganon, he does not die, as the Triforce of Power activates. He then proceeds to go on his little rampage before being banished to the Twilight Realm. At the end of Twilight Princess, after Link deals the finishing blow (sticking the Master Sword right through Ganondorf's gut), Ganondorf remains somewhat confident that his war between Light and Shadow will continue. While he is obviously weakened, he isn't in a state of dying until the Triforce of Power fades and Zant snaps his neck.
More support for the theory is the fact that Ganondorf is easily killed by a blow from the Master Sword in TWW, where Ganondorf no longer posses his Triforce piece as he formed the whole Triforce.

Apart from OoT, TP and WW, there has been a game where Ganon was killed although he had the ToP: the original LoZ. The obvious difference in LoZ is that Link was wielding the Silver Arrows, suggesting that while Ganon has a Triforce piece, the Master Sword alone is not enough to actually kill him. The one contradiction against this that I can think of is LttP; Ganon does not possess a piece of the Triforce, but thee Silver Arrows are necessary to defeat him. However, seeing as he has the whole Triforce in his possession, and is in the Dark World that he created, perhaps he was more powerful than usual.

On his "death" in LttP:

I think the creators still intend for Ganon to have died in LttP. The scene with Link and the Triforce still enforces the fact that "now that Ganon has been killed, the Sacred Realm will cease being the Dark World and will become a paradise". Of course this also implies that any game featuring Ganon's Dark World or Makai cannot come after LttP, as it was gone after LttP thanks to Link. But that of course is off topic.

The problem with the one Ganondorf theory is the way that the Gerudo treat him in FSA. In OoT, the Gerudo are loyal to Ganondorf, they serve him and whatnot. However, in FSA, they are opposed to his desire for power and they neglected him as part of the tribe when he ventured into the desert in search of the Trident. This of course can be looked at as being in different eras; the Gerudo have changed between FSA and OoT, and so they do not respect this incarnation of Ganondorf for breaking their people's laws. Even so, it is unlikely that Ganondorf in FSA is the same Ganon from previous games, as his past is spoken of quite briefly. If Nintendo wanted to suggest that he was the same Ganondorf from before, I'm sure they would have made a reference to a past game.
I suppose the events of FSA are totally up to personal interpretation; I believe that FSA features a new Ganondorf following his death in WW (I place FSA on the Adult Timeline).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom