• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler More or Less What I Posted As My First Post.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
More or less what Zelda fans have known since Hyrule Historia came out, and I think it's a little more than a theory.:businessscrub:

how do you figure? its a game theory, thats what the author said and quite frankly without solid truth from nintendo making it a fact. it is a theory.... in my opinion

Stitch

AKA Patrick
The only way it couldn't be true, with the way we know how stalfos are created and how it fits so perfectly with the rest of the storyline, is if Nintendo announced that the Hero's shade wasn't a stalfos or something like a stalfos.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The only way it couldn't be true, with the way we know how stalfos are created and how it fits so perfectly with the rest of the storyline, is if Nintendo announced that the Hero's shade wasn't a stalfos or something like a stalfos.

Well, good news: he's not a Stalfos! He only takes on the form of a Stalfos (more accurately Stalfos-like figure) to train Link. His true form is the golden wolf. Take notice that he never appears as anything other than such outside of Link's mind.

I find it amazing that some fans take Hyrule Historia's confirmation of the Hero's Shade being the Hero of Time as confirmation that he became a Stalfos. It's not even remotely hinted at in that book.

Well, good news: he's not a Stalfos! He only takes on the form of a Stalfos (more accurately Stalfos-like figure) to train Link. His true form is the golden wolf. Take notice that he never appears as anything other than such outside of Link's mind.

I find it amazing that some fans take Hyrule Historia's confirmation of the Hero's Shade being the Hero of Time as confirmation that he became a Stalfos. It's not even remotely hinted at in that book.

He looks likes one so I feel that is a slight exaggeration to find it hard to belive that. Yes he's a ghost, however when have we ever had ghosts outside of poes in a zelda game. poes dont look like human beings with skulls for faces now do they?

Ganondork

goo
He looks likes one so I feel that is a slight exaggeration to find it hard to belive that. Yes he's a ghost, however when have we ever had ghosts outside of poes in a zelda game. poes dont look like human beings with skulls for faces now do they?

Poe_(Twilight_Princess).png

Poes certainly look humanoid in Twilight Princess.

I agree with JuicieJ.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'll just post what I did in the comment section of the video.

Problem: the Hero's Shade was a spirit, or at least the manifestation of the Hero of Time's lingering regrets. Last I checked, Stalfos weren't spirits (or manifestations of lingering regrets). Link is also a kid in Majora's Mask, and to become a Stalfos, you need to get lost in the Lost Woods as an ADULT -- not to mention it's never stated ANYWHERE in the Zelda mythos that Link was in the Lost Woods at the beginning and end of Majora's Mask. It's likely he was, but absolutely not confirmed.

Sorry, but there's no way the Hero's Shade is the Hero of Time as a Stalfos. It's a theory that contradicts official lore, as well as simple logic. He's merely a golden wolf spirit thing that takes on the form of a Stalfos IN LINK'S MIND to train him.

376px-Hero%27s_Shade.png
The Hero's Shade is one buff Stalfos, then... Hubba hubba...

He's actually the Golden Wolf, kids... :U

JuicyJ you made your point. I hope that we can get along better in my later threads.

here is something we didnt exactly touch on. So maybe shade isnt a stalfos, but who is to say he wasn't a stalfos. His bones simply decayed away maybe. I mean he clearly didnt have any children since he didnt have anyone to pass his swordman skill unto. and the last place we see Link is in the lost woods. So maybe he died and inevitably became a stalfos, HH doesnt exactly say what happened to him after he went into the woods but OoT does say what happens when you die in the woods.

So he becomes as talfos but eventually turns int oa ghost because bones break and decay as seen in OoT. and like the skeletal brothers in MM, they turn int oa ghost afterwards. thoughts?

Last edited:
Whoa. I just now noticed that the Hero's Shade is transparent -- NOT boney. HUZZAH! This further emphasizes my points!

Im really trying not to step on any toes here, but you really have a thing for being right dont you? i mean it's cool to disprove a theory but to add the HUZZAH and the This further emphasizes my point! especially the '!' who are you proving yourself to?

you got lectured in the last thread about skyward sword bosses that i made, maybe you should remember we are theorizing and not competing. not trying to step on toes im just new and want to be cool with everyone. regardless of our points of views.

Im gonna go out on a limb and add. While children become skull kids and adults become stalfos like the mushroom guy in oot. This is a theory pretty much imbedded in a theory. Because adults are less innocent than children the forest doesnt welcome them as skull kids. Who from what I cantell are pretty happy kids that dislike adults. However link inst exactly a child since he has been in battle. And has killed. Maybe he has killed abominations and demons but killed none the less. Not exactly a child if you ask me. Especially dat fierce diety mask its not like he isnt still fully aware of its presence.

Last edited:

Zurriel

BeStrongandofgoodCourage!
Im really trying not to step on any toes here, but you really have a thing for being right dont you? i mean it's cool to disprove a theory but to add the HUZZAH and the This further emphasizes my point! especially the '!' who are you proving yourself to?

you got lectured in the last thread about skyward sword bosses that i made, maybe you should remember we are theorizing and not competing. not trying to step on toes im just new and want to be cool with everyone. regardless of our points of views.

Dude, theirs nothing wrong with being excited something else proved your point. I don't think he was trying prove he was better. He was just goofing around and showing he was glad the thing is boney, not transparent.

Okay back on subject, I have no proof about anything I''m saying so just hear me out.. I never thought the Hero's Shade was a Stalfos. I mean, look at him, if it weren't for the skull face he would look like a ghost in armor. We also have no idea of where Link was after MM, how and when he made it back to Hyrule, when he died or how he died.
And let's just say he was back in the Lost Woods, Link never got lost before, his best friend was a Koriki. Maybe Saria thought him how not to get lost. (Sorry for my tone, I'm in a hurry to type this, and I got church in a few minutes)

I think we will have to wait until Nintendo makes one last game with the Hero of time in it. Then we will have even more to go on!!

Btw I read this post and didn't think you guys were arguing. That's one of the reasons I like these forums, nearly everyone tries not to get mad at each other. Well....Imo anyways!

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
This theory simultaneously fascinates me and freaks me out (because if it is true then that means that Termina was all a lye :() but, it is not a bad theory because it explains several strange aspects about Termina (like alternate versions of hyrules citizens). I think that all though the theory fits for the most part, it will likely stay in a kind of limbo (or purgatory) between between provable and unprofitable until ether Nintendo confirms it or a new game comes out with more evidence (both of these happening are unlikely I think).

I do not think that Link was a stalfose for several reasons mentioned above that I will recap: link was a child not an adult (only adults become stalfoses), it was never confirmed that Link was in the lost woods, in Twilight Princess OoT Link/ The Heroe's Shade was a wolf most of the time, only when training Link was he a stalfose like figure. Anyway whether or not Link became a stalfose dose little to prove or disprove this theory (as it is only one part of the theory), I propose that we move on to other points this theory touches on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom