• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

More or less than half?

Breath of the Wild will be the 19th canon Zelda game. 19 is an impressive count for any series but not all of them will be great, some may not even scratch good...

So, i want to know who here prefers over half of the Zelda games and who likes less than half.

How many Zelda games do you play and replay and really enjoy, is it more or less than half of the franchise.

Bonus question; is Zelda a strong series or does it just have a couple of very strong games that give the illusion that its a strong series?

I know my answer but what anout all of you, do you like more or less than half of the Zelda series?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Breath of the Wild will be the 19th canon Zelda game. 19 is an impressive count for any series but not all of them will be great, some may not even scratch good...

So, i want to know who here prefers over half of the Zelda games and who likes less than half.

How many Zelda games do you play and replay and really enjoy, is it more or less than half of the franchise.

Bonus question; is Zelda a strong series or does it just have a couple of very strong games that give the illusion that its a strong series?

I know my answer but what anout all of you, do you like more or less than half of the Zelda series?

I know I have probably talked about this before in other threads. I seem to remember doing so but that was likely a long time ago now. Anyway, I find that apart from a few very strong entries the series is pretty mediocre overall and to answer one of your questions I like less than half of the entries.

I strongly believe that many of the average or poor games are rated highly by fans and critics only because of the Zelda brand which was made strong by OOT and I believe that there are only at present a few truly good Zelda games which have actually been released. These games are so far above the standard of the rest of the series that they create an illusion of a good series overall but reality it is just being carried by the legacy and love of those few great titles. Today fans are now given mediocrity at every turn and as far as I am concerned we haven't had a great game since 2006 when TP was released. ALBW is actually rather good. I enjoyed playing it but let's keep it real here, it is just not of the same calibre as the likes of OoT and TP.

Mido

Version 1
Perhaps my perspective shows my more medium-grade dedication to the series, but as far as my experience with the series goes, I don't think any games have been "bad" per se. Painfully average at times? Yes; but I'd be hard-pressed to call any of the games bad (keep in mind I never played SS, which seems to be the black sheep of the franchise in many eyes after AoL seemingly had that distincion). This being noted, The Legend of Zelda is a strong franchise, maintaining a level of consistently good games throughout its history. Sure, not every game has been phenomenal, but even games that are considered average in the franchise are still enjoyable ventures. My favorite of the series, WW, is considered average by many, which demonstrates a certain versatility of taste on what the franchise offers (yet I suppose that could be said about any game franchise, so I don't know how far my point goes). When one takes in the whole experience of the series, phenomenal titles and good/average titles, galore; I'd say that more than half of the games are good. Perhaps not great or elite, but good. Sometimes, that's just all that's needed.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I definitely like more than half. While I certainly love some Zelda games more than others, I like them all for one aspect or another. That being said, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, A Link Between Worlds, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time + OoT3D, Link's Awakening, The Minish Cap, Skyward Sword, and Spirit Tracks are the games I tend to constantly rotate between. The other ones I just haven't played as much

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I like more than half. I haven't hated any of the games I have played in the series, though there are some I like less than others. It's even hard for me to choose a least favorite one. I mainly just categorize them as my favorites and then the ones I like. I definitely think it's a strong series. I can see why others don't like certain games, but there really isn't any game in the series that everyone agrees was bad. SS gets a lot of hate, but it's also a lot of others favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom