• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

More Flora and Fauna in Zelda?

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
Should there be more varieties of animals in Zelda? Should there be more varieties of small and large plants in Zelda? Right now, I feel like there are very few animals in Zelda; there are horses, cuccos, dogs, cats, I think cows, and maybe some others. I also feel like there aren't that many plants in the series; the only major two that come to my mind are deku trees and bean plants. If you can point out some other plants (not enemies) and animals (not enemies) then I would be greatful, but I would mostly like to know whether you want to see more types in the series.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I believe that each individual race in the Zelda series is already designed to resemble animals-comparisons can be drawn between the Goron and armadillos, Zora and Fish, Mogma and Moles, etc. Aside from these distinct franchise elements, however, we have seems fauna appear in previous titles especially Twilight Princess with the multitudes of monkeys populating Faron Woods as well as the cute kittens roaming the streets of the game's villages. <3

Interesting examples of flora you provided. They certainly strike my nostalgic chord for the N64 Zelda games especially Ocarina of Time. The Faron Woods in Skyward Sword were particularly striking for the variety of plant life they gave refuge to.

I'll include these in a spoiler tag to avoid taking up too much room:

Mushroom:
vahX

Small sliceable trees (as seen in previous games also):
vaiH

Don't know if it counts but there was also the Deku Leaf from The Wind Waker. ;)

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
I believe that each individual race in the Zelda series is already designed to resemble animals-comparisons can be drawn between the Goron and armadillos, Zora and Fish, Mogma and Moles, etc. Aside from these distinct franchise elements, however, we have seems fauna appear in previous titles especially Twilight Princess with the multitudes of monkeys populating Faron Woods as well as the cute kittens roaming the streets of the game's villages. <3

Interesting examples of flora you provided. They certainly strike my nostalgic chord for the N64 Zelda games especially Ocarina of Time. The Faron Woods in Skyward Sword were particularly striking for the variety of plant life they gave refuge to.

I'll include these in a spoiler tag to avoid taking up too much room:

Mushroom:
vahX

Small sliceable trees (as seen in previous games also):
vaiH

Don't know if it counts but there was also the Deku Leaf from The Wind Waker. ;)

A lot of those are great examples, but when I mentioned Fauna, I meant creatures that couldn't speak a form of Hylian, such as the kittens and monkeys you mentioned. Would you like to see more of these unique flora and fauna? P.S. Yes the Deku leaf counts, but it is kind of a branch off of the deku trees.

Night Owl

~Momentai
In WW we had bushes and some slice-able flowers, it also had a variety of plants in the forbidden woods.. There are generic vines in various games. Bunnies in OoA, There are a Variety of animals in the Animal Village of LA. Pumpkins in TP and SS.

Anyway, I think it would be nice to have greater of variety of plants and animals in Zelda games.
Of course, I don't want them to bog the game down too much with them, I just think more variety would be nice.

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
A lot of those are great examples, but when I mentioned Fauna, I meant creatures that couldn't speak a form of Hylian, such as the kittens and monkeys you mentioned. Would you like to see more of these unique flora and fauna? P.S. Yes the Deku leaf counts, but it is kind of a branch off of the deku trees.

Fauna:

-The owls that give you adivce throughout Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time. and Majora's Mask
-Various fish in the ocean in the cell shaded games
-Dmitri, Ricky, and Moosh in the Oracle Games

Flora:

-Essentially the entirety of the Minish Woods
-Lilipads-especially predominant when shrunken in Minish form as well as in Majora's Mask Southern Swamp

Last edited:

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
Fauna:

-The owls that give you adivce throughout Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time. and Majora's Mask
-Various fish in the ocean in the cell shaded games
-Dmitri, Ricky, and Moosh in the Oracle Games

Flora

-Essentially the entirety of the Minish Woods
-Lilipads-especially predominant when shrunken in Minish form as well as in Majora's Mask Southern Swamp

I feel like you don't understand my question. Do you want new types of animals in the series or new types of plants in the series? You don't have to list all of the flora and fauna already in the games. Thank you anyways for doing that though :) An example would be: "I want a deer or elk type of animal in the games, but with a Zelda twist on it."

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
I feel like you don't understand my question. Do you want new types of animals in the series or new types of plants in the series? You don't have to list all of the flora and fauna already in the games. Thank you anyways for doing that though :) An example would be: "I want a deer or elk type of animal in the games, but with a Zelda twist on it."

Oh. :lol:

Sorry. It's late and I'm rather tired.

Of course, I would like for new types of plants and animals to appear in the Zelda series. I forget if it's been done already but I would like some incarnation of the Venus Fly Trap to appear and it would certainly be interesting to say bears in Zelda. They certainly wouldn't seem too out of place in the medieval environment.

Last edited:
I belive that there should be more named creatures to enrich the gaming experiecne and it would make the zelda universe more realistic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom