• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

More Excited for the Beginning?

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
So watching recent gameplay demos for SS and I think that Im just as eager to play the beginning as I am the rest of the game. In previous Zelda games (especially on replays of the games) I find myself rushing through the beginning, eager to get newer items, the better sword, (as the starter sword is usually kinda lame), and to get out of the starting areas and explore the world. But seeing SS I dont think Ill be rushing seeing how the starting area of Skyloft is so much more expansive and new than weve seen in previous titles, the actual Skyward Sword is every bit as cool as the Master Sword, and were actually going to be able to use some of the newer and cooler items from the early dungeons. So Im looking forward to playing the beginning of the game just as much as I am the rest of the game. Thoughts?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I agree with you 100% here. The beginning of some of the latest Zelda games can be somewhat boring, although very important. (Case and point, Twilight Princess.) However, Skyward Sword seems like it's going to have a very interesting and capturing opening to the game, one to where it doesn't seem like it will be boring the second time. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the opening plays out.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
And its been confirmed as a hub town, so well be going back alot, which is good. Also looking very forward to the charecter devolpment being like Majora's Mask.

I concur with you on the recent bore fest in recent Zelda games' beginning. Wind Waker's is a prime example, in my opinion. I could not wait to leave Outset Island. Though, I felt like there was a hole in my heart when Link had to leave his poor grandmother all by herself.

From what has been shown so far in the demos, the beginning of Skyward Sword looks great. The introduction, the NPCs, and gameplay all appear to be brimming with liveliness; not the usual staleness. Keep in mind, we were not shown the entire beginning; just parts of it and the presentation may have been slightly changed for demo purposes. With that being said, I hope SS doesn't let me down when it's released, since looks can be deceiving (Twilight Princess). BUT...I shall remain confident that SS will deliver...

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
I usualy take the time to search things out, find where everything is so if there's some kind of side-quest to do in that area, i'll know where to go and hopefully know what to do, although Skyloft seems like a cross between Castle Town from TP, and Kakariko Village from ALttP. . .

Garo

Boy Wonder
When it comes to beginnings, I always point to Majora's Mask as having the best opening for any Zelda game. You are instantly thrown into contact with your main villain, you are instantly proven completely inferior and powerless, and you are instantly put into a helpless, difficult position.

Then they toss you into Clock Town and give you three days to fix yourself. It's the best introduction to the three-day mechanics I can think of, and it forces you to familiarize yourself with several key gameplay mechanics - the Deku's abilities, Stray Fairies, and navigation.

SS has been compared to MM numerous times, so I am very optimistic.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I know exactly what you mean. It doesn't seem like there are a lot of restrictions in the beginning, other than not going below the clouds. Skyloft looks like a fun and interesting environment to explore, as does the sea of clouds. This was another thing I hated about Twilight Princess. Whenever I replayed it, I always rushed through the beginning since I was confined to that small area. But now it doesn't seem like I have to worry about that in Skyward Sword.

They will still need to introduce the game to players that are unknown with the mechanics so I still think I'll enjoy the game more after it picks up some pace.

IHNo

The Other Side
All I can tell you is that I'll be exploring every inch of Skyloft before really diving into the main plot, so I'm taking my sweet time. Not to mention there's also floating islands all around which you can explore via Link's Loftbird (Wind Waker goodness!), so I'll be all over that too.

When it comes to the pace of the beginning, I think it'll be pretty relaxed, but not as boring and drawn out like Twilight Princess. Because the beginning of that game was just.... I cannot even begin to describe. :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom