• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Monster Changes "Theory"

So, I guess I haven't really seen or heard anyone talking about this beyond simply noticing it. But, while at work today the idea sorta popped into my head so I wanted to share it with people to kinda... have it in the atmosphere.

As many of you may be aware, one of the small changes people have been pointing out in the new game is that some of the monsters look different. The best example is that Bokoblins now sport larger horns on their heads. So I was thinking... what if they were under their own sort of "curse" thanks to the Blood Moon? As in, they are alive and get killed, but then the dark magic brings them back, but to them it's almost like a state of Limbo? They can't really die, but they can't really live either. Constantly being reborn in that same state, unable to grow or mature? And what if now, with that curse broken, they are free to actually live again for real? Without constantly being reanimated?

Anyway, just an idea I had. Let me know what you think.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
That has possiblity. I can't remember exactly what, but something in vote seems to imply that the monsters don't really belong to Ganon, they're just benefitting from his reign. I wonder if, given your theory, that Ganon actually was using them, just not in a way anyone could tell.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Hm, you bring up a good question. If the reanimation of monsters was being caused by an overflow of Calamity Ganon's malice, then once his malice is gone they should stop being brought back constantly. Of course, BotW 2 would need some way of ensuring that you don't run out of monsters to fight. And since we see Link's arm engulfed in malice in the trailer, we can assume it's still hanging around (if anyone wants to hear my full multi-page thoughts on the power and origin of malice energy lemme know). Perhaps if they kept reanimating skeletons the process started to act up, fusing bokoblins with lizalfo horns by mistake. Or, as you said, it's possible that with Ganon's power weakened they can maintain a natural course of development. Whatever the case, something has definitely changed since BotW's time.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It looked like only the Bokoblins looked different.

There is also the question, is the Blood Mood and Malice connection really severed? Calamity Ganon was defeated but there was still malice pooled to the corpse of Ganondorf's body. I guess he is in a weakened state maybe so the reach of the malice is diminished maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom