• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mogmas

I don't see why they have to be something from OoT. Hyrule is completely different every game, why not the species?

And Zora-Rito makes some sense. Jackal-Rock does not. Maybe the Gorons killed them off in a war?

Seriously? The Mogmas become the Gorons? Have you seen the Mogmas? They're completely different creatures.
The Mogmas are fox-like creatures, apparentely living underground. The Gorons are large rock creatures living in mountains, eating rocks.
They have no resemblance whatsoever. None. At least the Zora and Rito look alike, they have the same overall features.

skybird11

state alchemist
yes Yonatesf, because the zora's fins, mouths and scales look so much like the rito's wings, beaks and feathers.

V

Vyzor

Hmm...they dont really have any similar traits to Gorons besides MAYBE the skin colour but, I don't really think they are Gorons that haven't evolved yet.

Did anyone else think the Mogma on the left looked like Falbi?

Falbi.png

yes Yonatesf, because the zora's fins, mouths and scales look so much like the rito's wings, beaks and feathers.

267091-wind_sage_super.jpg rito-quill.jpg

Tell me you don't see the obvious resemblances. The fins become wings, the big nose becomes a beak, the small fins on the side of the face become sideburns.
It's obvious enough.
Now compare the Mogmas with the Gorons. Yeeaahh...

skybird11

state alchemist
well, they both have pretty small legs, at least thier skin color is the same, mogmas live underground giving resistance to rough surfaces and their skin later becomes rock solid like a goron's. isnt evolution amazing?

Djinn

and Tonic
I am not so certain the Mogmas are mischievous as they are protective. Remember they are living down on the surface that is said to be dominated by evil with a Demon Lord presiding over it. They do not have the protection of the gods to lift them into the air for safety so they have to find security through other means. By hiding deep within the ground and living near inhospitable areas such as volcanoes. And of course a Hylian might look exactly like whatever tribe Ghirahim hails from so they may not know the difference. One pointy eared human is just the same as another to them, so they would take steps top protect themselves by breaking the key and running away. That would keep whatever encroaching evil out of their lands temporarily. At least in their minds it might.

And all this talk of evolution, Wind Waker really threw everyone off with the Zora/Rito evolution. Now it seems that each time a new tribe is introduced it is genuinely assumed that they must have originated as another known species first. Before becoming the new totally unrelated species we see today. I really do not think they are in any way related to Gorons, we have seen other subterranean tribes before in other games that were not Gorons. The Subrosians live deep within the earth as well, even fairies are commonly found deep in caves. If there can be multiple tribes that live in frozen lands(Anouki, Yook, Yeti), within the water (Zora, River Zora, Fishmen), in the desert (Gerudo, Zuna, Cobble), and in the forest (Kokiri, Deku, Monkeys), and even the sky (Rito, Oocca, Wind Tribe) then I do not see any issue with having multiple tribes that live underground as well.

Pen

The game is on!
They are really cool! :cool: I like this new race a lot too! However I do not think that they are going to be against Link throughout the entire game, perhaps at the beginning, but after some sort of event Link will earn their respect and they might even help him out at some point!
Similar to the Gorons of Twilight Princess! :)

FlatxSharp

Music to last through the ages
I don't see it as an impossibility that these Mogma's evolve into Gorons. I had thought the same thing when I saw them at first. They're spotted near a volcanic area. They have skinny arms, but broad stomachs, and chests. The only huge difference that I can see is that this new species has fur instead of...whatever rock-based skin Gorons have. But, the process of evolution can certainly make that drastice of a change with time. That's another problem with this theory. Time. If this game leads into the origin of the master sword, there is no time for the Mogma's to evolve into Gorons.

But, then again, it's not like Nintendo is incapable of creating the impossible. -.-

I think it's possible that Mogma's are Gorons before evolution. Are there some issues with that theory? Absolutly...but I still think it could work out in the end. We'll have to see in a few months hopefully.

geek4887

The Unknown
They have a pretty interesting design. Although, like the Anoukis, they might be just some sort of a minor race, because we never see them further into the Zelda timeline. What exactly happened to them after Skyward Sword? Did they get extinct or something? I'm quite curious to how the end of the Mogmas come to be.

There's also a possibility that this race might have went into hiding as well. Who knows? We'll have to wait for the game to come out.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
There not in later games timeline wise because this was made after Ocarina of Time, so they couldn,t of predicted that there would be a race called the Mogmas in a future prequel to the game they were making. Seriously people, Nintenod doesn't care that much about their games making sense :D

Last edited:

Ganondork

goo
I'm not at all sure why there is so much talk about evolution of the Mogmas into the Gorons. If I recall, one of the Skyward Sword trailers showed a Goron. It makes absolutely no sense as to why they'd evolve if that race is already present.

Anyway, I think they're just protective. There are reasons why some of these dungeons are guarded. Maybe not to keep them from Link, but from the antagonist. There are cases like in Twilight Princess where problems occurred due to the item Link was after, but such things as the Triforce pieces in the original were meant to be kept away from anyone. Perhaps their is a Mogman artifact that they don't want Link touching. It's their artifact after all. What right does Link have to take it from them? Link is the hero, and this artifact may be a factor that helps his adventure, but it is Mogma property no matter what. If he reasoned with them, then they would probably give him the artifact instead of him having to take it from them.

So the question may be is Link right in this case, or are the Mogmas?

I'm not at all sure why there is so much talk about evolution of the Mogmas into the Gorons. If I recall, one of the Skyward Sword trailers showed a Goron. It makes absolutely no sense as to why they'd evolve if that race is already present.
You know that those post were made before that trailer came out. Check out the dates.

But I'm curious to know where this info came from because i never heard of it. Anyways i think they are just not very trusting to human or human like characters or just strangers in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom