• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Moderators on these forums do not take constructive criticism well

This is mostly in relation to when you private message a moderator in relation to issues where there's a possibility a moderator made a wrong decision/action or general feedback to help improve the moderation services that happen of these forums.

We're not out to get the moderators. We understand that they are doing a tough job. However no noe is perfect and when we message them about certain things, be it throut a reported post or a direct private message, the least the moderation team can do is reply to us.

That's all we ask. It's not nice at all on our end to report issues and have the issues ignored.

I am not saying the moderation team do a bad job. They do a good god and I thank them for it. They need need to take constructive criticism for what it is. Not out to get them or something simply to ignore. We want to make these forums the best they can be. If we memebers didn't want this, then we would not have taken the time to point these issues out as constructive criticism.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
We're here to determine what actions should be performed for the betterment of the forum, to the best of our ability. Reports are an invaluable feature to gain some insight from other users. However, it shouldn't immediately be considered an issue to disagree, especially in a case that is as non-extreme as this.

You were not being ignored. After the report was made, I closed the thread with a final reply briefly and kindly stating why. Then, I went straight to bed and was busy sleeping and working for the next 16 hours. I apologise that I was absent in this time.

To further explain why the thread was closed, it was inevitable that we would get a new thread on the NX/Switch once it was officially revealed. The latest thread would be more relevant by default, since the old one was essentially a rumour thread that could no longer be a rumour thread.

Nevertheless, thank you for expressing your concern with the staff in the best of interests.

I was talking in general. I have noticed this over the years I have been here.
To put things into perspective, I am praising the good work the moderaters here do on one hand while adding in a little conctructive criticism here. I thank you for explaining that specific situation but this topic was not in reference to that, that's why I didn't mention it, I left it in PMs as it was not really required to tell the whole forum about it. You told the wole forum though, that's fine.

This topic is in general, not about that one report I made to the moderators.

Thank you for your reply. though. And keep up the great work you all do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom