• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Miyamoto Interview: Zelda Wii

"What can you say about the artwork of Zelda?" "Artwork of Zelda plays big role for the story. At E3, you'll get to know what I mean. But to be honest, you'll only know how fun it is when you play it.So wait till you play it."
"How strong are the changes in Zelda?"
"To us, two things are important:Fulfilling expactations and surprising the people. I don't yet want to tell how we achieve these this time. Normally, we have the video sequences(cut scenes, i guess?) first and they will be expanded to the retail product. But this time, we focused on assembling the game first and afterwards we made the video sequences. Thus, it was vice versa this time. That's why we coulnd't show much of the game yet. But before the retail release, we will release many information/video(there's just "Many" in the german subs xD). It's important to us to optimize the (game world I think he means) and to alleviate the controls(operation? dunno whether he only means the controls). We take care in making the controls user-friendly, because Zelda has become complicated."

full credit to ark from gonintendo for translating it, anyone wanting to see/hear the full interview (stuff about super mario galaxy 2 and vitality sensor) can see it hear, exxcepts its in german.

also this is from march http://www.gamingmedia.de/videos,id335,shigeru-miyamoto.html

yeah nothing too revealing, but surely you know they are making sure nothing gets leaked and nothing big gets revealed till e3.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Well this is interesting. I am cautiously waiting for more results, but for now it seems promising. However I am not going to let Twilight Princess happen to me again, I'll be cautious.

I like that they're hiding facts about this game. It makes the game more hyped and it makes future ideas/ theorizing more fun. Besides, all the hype for TP and ST (the only Zeldas I remember hyping up) made them much better before they were released then how awesome they really were.

A

Almo SSBB

well basically im worried about the controll part, he says he wants to make them easy because they are too "complicated", and that scares me. evrything else sounds good though

well basically im worried about the controll part, he says he wants to make them easy because they are too "complicated", and that scares me. evrything else sounds good though

he was talking about the controls, he said zeldas getting more complicated so the controls need to be easy for people to udnerstand and get used to (i think)

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
It's been a little while since there were any interviews, with E3 so close it isen't likely there will be anymore of them until after we see Nintendo's presentation. That being said we still know next to nothing about the game despite all of the interviews we have read up on. It's too bad but the fact is we could know so much more about the game, but they choose to keep us in the dark. Roughly 9 days from now the internet will be littered with interviews, when that happens maybe we will actually know what we are talking about, until then people just keep mentioning the words "simplified," and "user friendly," which could mean changes to some of the aspects of Zelda Wii (and there are a lot of aspects). We really have no idea... everything is so up in the air, and when I re-read this interview it makes me even more unsure of what is to come. Obviously they have us in their clutches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom