• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Miyamoto Bonded with His Daughter Over OoT

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ocarina Of Time allowed Miyamoto to bond with his daughter - Zelda Universe
Why Are You Here? Shigeru Miyamoto On The Ocarina Of Time

But Miyamoto’s daughter was younger; she was in the middle grades when the game was finally released.

“It was the first game that my daughter sat down and played a lot of, and as a result of that she became a really big Zelda fan,” says Miyamoto,

“I remember Ocarina of Time as the game that allowed my daughter and I to start having a lot of conversations about video games.”

How do you feel about this. Have you ever bonded with someone over a Zelda game? Which game - and how tight is the bond?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Funnily enough, yeah, with Ocarina of Time. It was the first game my brothers sat me down with and showed me how to do. I went off and played other stuff afterwards, on PC mainly, but OoT was when I was sat down and got told what to do and it was my first good experience when I didn't just die due to lack of help. :) So, thanks Shiggy! I owe you about a million drinks.

Salem

SICK
I bonded with my siblings and cousins over Nintendo games in general, the one we played together the most is four swords adventures. sometimes when one of us plays a game, i just watch them.

Big Octo

=^)
Wow, that story is actually quite touching. I'm glad she liked it as much as we did.

Personal bonding stories? Well, of course. When I was younger, my siblings and I enjoyed video games, Zelda in particular. We never looked up walkthroughs or anything like that. Instead, we would work together to solve puzzles, or ask around the neighborhood. It was such a simpler time, and I loved it. Nowadays, I'm the only one who still plays Zelda. Whenever I replay any Zelda, I am reminded of those memories. It is also a common discussion point among my siblings we meet up and talk. I guess you could say it was a big part of our childhoods.

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
I actually remember me and two other guys all had Spirit Tracks on a field trip and we did some versus matches. Ever since, we've been friends. There was also a time a while back where I was drawing a zelda sketch from Wind Waker, and someone came up to me and said, "hey, you like zelda?", and we chatted for a bit, and now he's my best friend.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Zelda is the one thing my sister and I can bond over and not fight. We share pretty similar tastes except she hates the DS titles and Skyward Sword. It was with her where I realized that Skyward Sword really did have messed up difficulty...it's too hard for casuals but not hard enough for hardcore gamers...you need to be in a very narrow middle ground to enjoy it.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Me and my best friend used to play that game all the time in first grade. We couldn't get enough of it for weeks, and we talked about it constantly. I think that's actually how we may have become buds in the first place. We're still friends now that we're in college.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Yes. I bonded a lot with my brother and father while playing ALttP. It was the one time that there was no fighting or arguing; it was pure fun. I also bonded with my mom while playing Mario.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom